• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Well, he will be there with the job of sprinting and if he is in form and gets goood help he should have no problems getting top 10s in most sprints at least.
He could get top 10's no problems with no help. wyss got top 10's with no help at all and he is not as quick as Kristoff.
I think Kristoff will be up there in a lot of stages and could pinch a few good wins. I think in Qatar this year there might be a bit less competition and BMC will have their A-team in for the sprints. Kristoff shall dominate!
jaylew said:
Cavendish, Goss, Porte, Madrazo, Ventoso for TDU.

I'm already noticing this is going to be a strange season to follow as I've got riders on my team I don't actually like.
Same
Ferminal said:
lol, I left Kristoff out of my "sprinters" list :p

How dare you not have Kristoff? He will teach you all a lesson on not undersestimating THE GREAT ALEXANDER KRISTOFF.

The Hitch said:
PC utter has a great team, but i said earlier i see you as a favorite over him.

where AAC1983 and Evansisthebest lose out is they dont have enough of the buys ive been talking about. Evansisthebest is one of only 24 people who DIDNT choose Delfino (though if he continues not getting picked up by a team, it could be for his good.

AAC doesnt have Ballan, doesnt have Kash, Shumacher, Soler, Di Luca, VDV, Cobo. Evans.... only has VDV from that list.

Actually, AAC1983 does in fact have Ballan, Soler, Di Luca, Vande Velde ;) He doesn't have Kashechkin, Schumacher and Cobo though.

I think that both EvansIsTheBest and AAC1983 have really good teams:

EvansIsTheBest has Boonen, Bruseghin, Clement, Feillu, Gerrans, Haussler, Maaskant, Navarro, Nocentini, Posthuma and Vande Velde of those riders who was underperforming last year. And then he's got a lot of really promising youngsters. I agree though, that some of them probably won't turn out to be that great buys like Van Garderen and Kristoff (and I've got him myself - there's just no way he can double his points).

AAC1983 I think is the only one who has all of Ballan, Boonen, Chavanel, Cunego and Ricco which I think are the 5 best "expensive buys". Then he's got Bozic, Clement, Di Luca, Gerrans, Haussler, Hutarovich, Ivanov, Kroon, Löfkvist, Maaskant, Navarro, Nuyens, Pellizotti, Posthuma, Renshaw, Soler, Taaramäe and Vande Velde of those underperforming riders. Isn't that exactly the strategy you suggested just minus Cobo and Schumacher?

Hugo Koblet said:
Actually, AAC1983 does in fact have Ballan, Soler, Di Luca, Vande Velde ;) He doesn't have Kashechkin, Schumacher and Cobo though.

:confused:

Not according to any of the lists lve been looking at. Im looking at the one you put up right after the deadline passed with everyone but jaylew in them. AAC1983 has

BETANCOURT GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
BOZIC Borut
CAPECCHI Eros
CHAVANEL Sylvain
CLARKE William
CLEMENT Stef
CUNEGO Damiano
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GERRANS Simon
GUARDINI Andrea
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HOOGERLAND Johnny
HOWARD Leigh
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
KROON Karsten
LÖFKVIST Thomas
MADRAZO RUIZ Angel
MORKOV CHRISTENSEN Michael
MAASKANT Martijn
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NUYENS Nick
PELLIZOTTI Franco
POSTHUMA Joost
RABOTTINI Matteo
RATTO Daniele
RICCO Riccardo
ROE Timothy
TERPSTRA Niki
TAARAMÄE Rein

The Hitch said:
:confused:

Not according to any of the lists lve been looking at. Im looking at the one you put up right after the deadline passed with everyone but jaylew in them. AAC1983 has

BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
BOZIC Borut
CAPECCHI Eros
CHAVANEL Sylvain
CLARKE William
CLEMENT Stef
CUNEGO Damiano
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GERRANS Simon
GUARDINI Andrea
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HOOGERLAND Johnny
HOWARD Leigh
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
KROON Karsten
LÖFKVIST Thomas
MADRAZO RUIZ Angel
MAASKANT Martijn
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NUYENS Nick
PELLIZOTTI Franco
POSTHUMA Joost
RABOTTINI Matteo
RATTO Daniele
RICCO Riccardo
ROE Timothy
TERPSTRA Niki
TAARAMÄE Rein

That's right, but as I mentioned in a post right after the update, there was still a few mistakes (see post #616): a few teams had too many points, one team had 34 riders and I had typed in the wrong edition of AAC1983's team. AAC1983 had send me two PM's. One with the team you list and another one day later with an updated edition. I forgot to change his lists but that has been fixed.

For reference, his list is:

BALLAN Alessandro
BOBRIDGE Jack
BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
BOZIC Borut
CHAVANEL Sylvain
CLARKE William
CLEMENT Stef
CUNEGO Damiano
DI LUCA Danilo
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GERRANS Simon
GUARDINI Andrea
HAUSSLER Heinrich
HOWARD Leigh
HUTAROVICH Yauheni
IVANOV Serguei
KROON Karsten
LÖFKVIST Thomas
MAASKANT Martijn
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
NUYENS Nick
PELLIZOTTI Franco
POSTHUMA Joost
RATTO Daniele
RENSHAW Mark
RICCO Riccardo
ROE Timothy
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
TAARAMÄE Rein
VANDE VELDE Christian

Hugo Koblet said:
That's right, but as I mentioned in a post right after the update, there was still a few mistakes (see post #616): a few teams had too many points, one team had 34 riders and I had typed in the wrong edition of AAC1983's team. AAC1983 had send me two PM's. One with the team you list and another one day later with an updated edition. I forgot to change his lists but that has been fixed.

Ah ok. Looks like ive been wrongly ruling him out then. Have a lot of lists been completely changed from the update im looking at?

The Hitch said:
Ah ok. Looks like ive been wrongly ruling him out then. Have a lot of lists been completely changed from the update im looking at?

No only that one because I made a mistake of typing in the wrong list. No other teams have been changed with the exception of lancaster, Spare Tyre and Sneekes (as far as I remember it was these three) who had too many points (or, in the case of Sneekes, had too many riders).

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Cavendish, Goss, Porte, Madrazo, Ventoso for TDU.

I'm already noticing this is going to be a strange season to follow as I've got a couple riders on my team I don't actually like.

i avoided this, because yes this is a game, but you also want your riders to do well. I hate the idea of supporting some one like di luca or cavendish... unfortunately i did get hoste (last rider i picked, and was just meh tired) whom i really cannot stand.

But yeah as a result, my team is half dutch and is destined for a very low finish :D :D
Not that I really care, all in good fun. But I did at least pick a bunch of riders whom i see potential in.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I went for Greiple as my main sprinter because he should get more chances in bigger races, I cant stand him but respect him as a rider. I wanted Blythe but i reckon he will be leading him out or in the sprint train somewhere.

I just discovered I picked the wrong Petrov!, I picked a bulgarian journeyman and not the Giro stage winner from last year.:mad:

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
i avoided this, because yes this is a game, but you also want your riders to do well. I hate the idea of supporting some one like di luca or cavendish... unfortunately i did get hoste (last rider i picked, and was just meh tired) whom i really cannot stand.

But yeah as a result, my team is half dutch and is destined for a very low finish :D :D
Not that I really care, all in good fun. But I did at least pick a bunch of riders whom i see potential in.

Although it IS kinda win/win, right? Like, if Hoste does well, then you're not happy for him, but you're happy for your team, but if he does bad, you're happy to see him fail but not as happy for your team.

I'm a 'glass half full' kinda guy, I guess.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realise Furlan didn't have a contract!:( That will put me at a disadvantage if he doesn't find a team. Will he be discarded from my team value because he didn't really compete at all?

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I didn't realise Furlan didn't have a contract!:( That will put me at a disadvantage if he doesn't find a team. Will he be discarded from my team value because he didn't really compete at all?

If he doesn't compete at all, he will just score 0 points.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Yes! Yes! Do it, Hugo Koblet! ;)
Why are you saying that? It is about points gained, so discarding him will lower my team value which means I will have to score less points overall.
Dutchsmurf said:
If he doesn't compete at all, he will just score 0 points.

I don't think that's fair if it is a possibility he won't be cometing at all in 2011.

TRENDING THREADS