• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not a horrible race for my CQ team. Wiggins and Mollema got me some points. I wish TVG had been given the leadership role... he wouldn't have won, but had he been protected instead of killing himself for Martin (and crashing) I think he would have podiumed.

T-A however... not so good. My highest ranked rider in the GC is 39th. Probably end up as a wash between the two.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Paris-Nice was the most succesful race for my team so far in the season with Haussler and Klodi giving me some good points.

Does anybody else have Andreas in their team?

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
My best on gc was haussler!! Paris Nice for me was terrible...but tirreno will be better!:)

Huassler still did good winning the points jersey. He got 80 something points for that. Sure it would have been nice for him to win a stage or two.

I was also hoping for good things from Brice Feillu.

Hopefully Andreas can keep bringing on the points. He's my highest ranked rider on my team at the moment.

auscyclefan94 said:
My best on gc was haussler!! Paris Nice for me was terrible...but tirreno will be better!:)

Bare in mind that Barbie does get 40 points for points competition as well, though most people get that. You also get the points for Cuddles finishing 3rd on stage (and the other finish) and for him getting the jersey today.

But no kidding about tirreno being good for you. If Cadel can win it that could make you biggest scorer for next week.

In that regard, ive finished 2nd 2nd and 1st in the last 3 weeks.

With 340 points (not counting one or two guys who may have gotten me the 5 points for finishing score at PN) ive got an ok chance of making it 4 podiums in a row.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Tirreno-Adriatico will be somewhat of a mess for me

Unless Zabriskie can land a good spot on the TT, my other guys from that race havn't done nothing and most likely won't.

The Hitch said:
With 340 points (not counting one or two guys who may have gotten me the 5 points for finishing score at PN) ive got an ok chance of making it 4 podiums in a row.

I got 368 points this week I think so when you count your 5 pointers we might be very close this week. I think most of the riders that scored for me you have as well.

kurtinsc said:
Not a horrible race for my CQ team. Wiggins and Mollema got me some points. I wish TVG had been given the leadership role... he wouldn't have won, but had he been protected instead of killing himself for Martin (and crashing) I think he would have podiumed.

T-A however... not so good. My highest ranked rider in the GC is 39th. Probably end up as a wash between the two.

I'm kind of the opposite. I thought Paris-Nice'd be a cinch for me, with 10 pretty strong guys coming in, but not as much as I thought/hoped from guys like Kreuz, TJVG, Sivstov, Gusev, Sicard and Gerrans who I thought might all be able to top 20.

T-A is looking good though, with Cunego, DiLuca and Lofkvist, and possibly Ballan for the finish tomorrow... too bad the points are on Sundays, as I'll have to wait a week to (hopefully) reap and at least feel successful for a week or so.

ingsve said:
I got 368 points this week I think so when you count your 5 pointers we might be very close this week. I think most of the riders that scored for me you have as well.

I apologise. i shouldnt be posting incorrect scores though in my defense i was testing out my math skills.

It made sence that you would have a score similar to mine, but since my Ta pick - Heado, already has his score whereas yours - loqwist (add that to your list of misspelings) will only get his on wednesday i figured there might be a mistake.

As it happens i forgot to include any of Barbies stage finishes ( i tend to ignore himj seeing as everyone has him) and did not count any of my 5 pointers.

Going through the list more thoroughly it seems my score was 417.

The Hitch said:
I apologise. i shouldnt be posting incorrect scores though in my defense i was testing out my math skills.

It made sence that you would have a score similar to mine, but since my Ta pick - Heado, already has his score whereas yours - loqwist (add that to your list of misspelings) will only get his on wednesday i figured there might be a mistake.

As it happens i forgot to include any of Barbies stage finishes ( i tend to ignore himj seeing as everyone has him) and did not count any of my 5 pointers.

Going through the list more thoroughly it seems my score was 417.

Ya, it seemed a bit strange that you didn't have more since you pretty much copy all points I score and I haven't had that many unique scores.

And that misspelling was already on the list since a long time ago.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Wiggo, Taaramae and Haussler got me some points from P-N and I should keep my position around the 40 place but next week update with results from T-A will be painful as I do not have any ambitions over there :eek:

Jancouver said:
Wiggo, Taaramae and Haussler got me some points from P-N and I should keep my position around the 40 place but next week update with results from T-A will be painful as I do not have any ambitions over there :eek:

Nah. With a wiggo taaramae and Barbie combo you get 410 points straight away.

Add to that 28 from Kreuziger and you are going to be one of if not the highest scorer.

I think your going to move up a significant ammount of places in a few hours time.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It looks like I'll crack the top 20 based on the current download. I'll probably have a very short stay, but I can't help but be pleased about that.

Haussler is only 9 points away from breaking even. Wiggins got 171 points.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to know I will break even with one rider

Hopefully I'll be able to move up some with the points I earned from PN

I doubt I'll get anything til next month maybe, considering I don't have any potential classics or one day riders on my team.

Hey, I just made a spreadsheet to try and sort out everything so I can keep track of results myself.

It appears that Karpets has had 12 points added to last years total, taking him from what I had down as 424 to 436. It must've changed because I checked all the scores quite a few times when we made our teams and I know Hugo Koblet checked it because I was over.

I can take Victor Hugo Pena out if that'll solve it as he's worth 14. Or just remove Karpets. Or DSQ and keep track of where I would've been.

luckyboy said:
Hey, I just made a spreadsheet to try and sort out everything so I can keep track of results myself.

It appears that Karpets has had 12 points added to last years total, taking him from what I had down as 424 to 436. It must've changed because I checked all the scores quite a few times when we made our teams and I know Hugo Koblet checked it because I was over.

I can take Victor Hugo Pena out if that'll solve it as he's worth 14. Or just remove Karpets. Or DSQ and keep track of where I would've been.

It could be that they have removed someone from the results that hava had their points removed or something like that so that he has ended up higher in the results. I think everyones points where ok when they should have been ok so if things change in last years results after that there is nothing to do about it.

We can expect Pellizottis results to be removed at some point for example.

Update 9

Finally. After 8 weeks on top, microdose has now been pushed off his 1st place by Pcutter. Two other teams have lost their top 10 place as well - trotters aotearoa and coppiman who both lost a lot of ground. Two new faces then enter the top 10: theyoungest and Sneekes.

A couple of teams took some high jumps this week including pabryan who moved from 65th to 46th and nobilis who moved from 49th to 30th.

In the bottom end, Wiggins_fan has still yet to pass the 200 points mark and he must be the overwhelming favorite to finish last at this point.

Top 10:

Position (last update) Team name - points

1. (3) Pcutter - 2621
2. (1) microdose - 2599
3. (2) Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 2407
4. (6) Bicing - 2264
5. (5) auto de fé - 2217
6. (4) Jakob747 - 2159
6. (7) AAC1983 - 2159
8. (9) LukeSchmid - 2135
9. (12) theyoungest - 2108
10. (15) Sneekes - 2069

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJIPUYUO

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Still in the top ten, good, but as I have been thinking for weeks it is surely not going to last. I have dilemna, whether to support Evans or Cunego tonight. I am an Evans fan but I have Cunego in my team. I guess either way I can be happy as long as Scarponi or the Liquigas boys don't do anything.

TRENDING THREADS