• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looking at Lampre ttt, Cunego would only have had to reach out his hand for a good 50 points or so for a 5th place, at least. Given his form, probably better.

So a real shame he got an ear infection.

Also Sella doesnt seem to have gotten his 3 points for the ttt.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=130&year=2011&all=0&current=0

Hes got the 6 points for leaders jersey, but not the points for the ttt, which his teammates have recieved.

Boom on the other hand got both a rather significant 10 points (1 quarter of the points rather than 1/6.6) for the ttt and for the leaders jersey at Tirreno.

The Hitch said:
Looking at Lampre ttt, Cunego would only have had to reach out his hand for a good 50 points or so for a 5th place, at least. Given his form, probably better.

So a real shame he got an ear infection.

Also Sella doesnt seem to have gotten his 3 points for the ttt.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=130&year=2011&all=0&current=0

Hes got the 6 points for leaders jersey, but not the points for the ttt, which his teammates have recieved.

Boom on the other hand got both a rather significant 10 points (1 quarter of the points rather than 1/6.6) for the ttt and for the leaders jersey at Tirreno.

Well, the results are still provisional at CQ so that will probably change. According to the CQ rules the points in a TTT is the stage points divided by 4 and rounded down. This means the TTT in Settimana should be 20/4=5 points. Rught now the points are all screwed up. Rujano has been credited 3 points but got 20, Vicioso for 10, Rodriguez got 5 etc. This will most certainly be changed at some point.

Yep, just look at the results from last year, if you are in doubt. The winning teams riders all get 5 points, the second placed team (Lampre) 2 points and the third ranked (FDJ) all 1 point. The leader, Sella, will on top of the 5 points for the TTT win get 6 points for the leaders jersey.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
It's hardest the stage of the year together with a rider who doesn't go well in the mountains in the best of form just recovering from his injury.

He'll be back, don't worry.

BS his knee is phuked up

he tweeted:

Very disappointed to have another knee issue derail yet another race for me today here @voltacatalunya.

Nuyens and Hoste has finally started paying me back a little. If Nuyens keeps up this impressive form, he should turn out to be a great buy. But I guess a lot of teams have him.

Still a bit annoyed that Cunego missed out on some easy Coppi e Bartali points. With all my doping cases, I can't have DNSs like that if I want to stay above the bottom 10.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Jancouver said:
BS his knee is phuked up

he tweeted:

Very disappointed to have another knee issue derail yet another race for me today here @voltacatalunya.

Reports are saying it may just be increased strain from riding in races as opposed to training on his quadracept tendon.

I'm not sure Catalunya was a wise idea... considering he's a weak climber and it's a pro-tour event... not really the best thing for warming up. In all honesty, the team needs to punt on the spring with him. Try to build him up for the US ITT championship (it's at the end of May this year, so the TOC fits too), then maybe target some August races and then try for next year.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Squire said:
Nuyens and Hoste has finally started paying me back a little. If Nuyens keeps up this impressive form, he should turn out to be a great buy. But I guess a lot of teams have him.

Still a bit annoyed that Cunego missed out on some easy Coppi e Bartali points. With all my doping cases, I can't have DNSs like that if I want to stay above the bottom 10.

I have Nuyens and Hoste too, as well as Goddaert in 12th, a pretty good day for me.

Nuyens is on 23 teams, Hoste is on 6.

TRENDING THREADS