• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just to see how good someone could have been at this point of the season I did a quick test to optimize a team. Here is my result:

BOS Theo
BRUTT Pavel
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
DEGAND Thomas
DEGENKOLB John
DOWSETT Alex
FROOME Chris
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GALLOPIN Tony
GERRANS Simon
GILBERT Philippe
GUARDINI Andrea
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
KIRYIENKA Vasil
KITTEL Marcel
MATTHEWS Michael
MEYER Cameron
MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NUYENS Nick
POELS Wout
PONZI Simone
RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
SAGAN Peter
SCHUMACHER Stefan
SERGENT Jesse
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
TEN DAM Laurens
VANDE VELDE Christian
VANENDERT Jelle
VOECKLER Thomas
WIGGINS Bradley

This team would have cost 7435 and would right now have 22198 points and would be leading by almost 10000 points. I'm sure it would be possbile to better that score even more with some other choices.

ingsve said:
Just to see how good someone could have been at this point of the season I did a quick test to optimize a team. Here is my result:

BOS Theo
BRUTT Pavel
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
DEGAND Thomas
DEGENKOLB John
DOWSETT Alex
FROOME Chris
GALIMZYANOV Denis
GALLOPIN Tony
GERRANS Simon
GILBERT Philippe
GUARDINI Andrea
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
KIRYIENKA Vasil
KITTEL Marcel
MATTHEWS Michael
MEYER Cameron
MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel
NIZZOLO Giacomo
NUYENS Nick
POELS Wout
PONZI Simone
SAGAN Peter
SCHUMACHER Stefan
SERGENT Jesse
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin
TEN DAM Laurens
VANDE VELDE Christian
VANENDERT Jelle
VOECKLER Thomas
WIGGINS Bradley

This team would have cost 7435 and would right now have 22198 points and would be leading by almost 10000 points. I'm sure it would be possbile to better that score even more with some other choices.

Argh! I was actually doing the exact same thing as I write this! Well, I'll see if I can come up with something better then ;)

Edit: the best I can come up with so far is something like 22670.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ooh, nice new format, HK!

I didn't have Cobo and was expecting to drop waaayyy down the list, so was pleasantly surprised to find it was only 7 places. :)

ETA:

My three most profitable riders so far - Tony Gallopin 460%, Peter Kennaugh 364%, Kanstantsin Siutsou, 294%
Three biggest earners so far - EBH 1279 pts, Wout Poels 671 pts, Tony Gallopin 644 pts (Guess that's why I'm way down. ;) )

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 35

I'm very happy, proud and excited to be able to present the new and much improved spreadsheet!

The new spreadsheet includes a number of new, great features while the old ones are still there.

You're now able to see the profit of your team shown in percentages under the new Ratio colomn, which allows you to quickly asses the profit of your team!
You're now also able to easily follow your teams progress, as the colomn This week shows you exactly how many points your team have earned this week!
Another great new feature is the Up/down colomn which shows you how your team has done the previous week, as it tells you how many positions you have moved up or down!

Your personal team sheet has also been revised with some of these features now included. You can now follow the return of every rider in your team shown as a percentage of his 2010 value in the Ratio colomn, while you're also able to follow your riders progress in the This week colomn, which shows you have many points your riders have earned this week!

As a little something extra, color codes have been added as well, which allows you to easily spot which teams and which riders have turned a profit this season!

I hope you enjoy the new layout as I've put quite a bit work into it! Please let me know if you spot any mistakes.

-----------------

This week was an action packed one as a lot of points were awarded from various races including the Vuelta.

ingsve is still on top and his lead is still more than a thousand points as he increased his lead to the other teams in the top 10.
mc_mountain moves down two spots as Handbrake moves into the top 3, still lacking behind Waterloo Sunrise and the aforementioned ingsve.
kurtinsc and The Hitch makes some noice in the top 10, as they move up 9 and 5 places respectively. Ham-N-Eggs and Bumeington moves out of the top 10.

The high jumper this week is AntonioRossi who jumps 18 places from 49 to 31. Of course worth noticing is that I move up 12 places and am now to be found in the top 50! Yay! The highest scorer this week, however, is Kwibus who scored no less than 1962 points - closely followed by kurtinsc with 1940 points.

Top 10:

1. (1) ingsve - 12693
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 11573
3. (5) Handbrake - 11407
4. (2) mc_mountain - 11194
5. (4) Sneekes - 11191
6. (11) The Hitch - 11128
7. (16) kurtinsc - 11105
8. (6) nvpacchi - 10977
9. (8) Armchair Cyclist - 10930
10. (7) theyoungest - 10815

Please note: there seem to be some discrepancy between this and the latest update. For instance, in the last update I posted, Sneekes was 8th while this new spreadsheet has him as 4th last round. I don't know why, but once again, please notify me if you spot any mistakes.

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUNU6I8G

Can someone post Sneekes team for me?

I have been keeping my own spreadsheet and updating it from CQ, but I have him with considerably less points then the official one (10806 instead of 11191). I figure his team may have been put in with an error on my sheet.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My riders left who haven't broken even:

-Jens Keukeliere: -301 - Colossal failure.
-Matt Lloyd: -206 - No chance of course. Hate that he got fired without a chance to score a point.
-Roman Sicard: -174 - Would never have thought he'd have no points this year.
-Francesco Chicchi: -172 - Another colossal failure.
-Johnny Hoogerland: -159 - Despite riding like a champ several times, simply didn't get many points.
-Gert Steegmans: -130 - Looked okay when he got to ride for himself in smaller races, but had few opportunities.
-Jurgen Van den Broeck: -100 - Probably won't break even, but may be able to get a few more points if he rides hard in some of the remaining 1-day hilly races. Could have been much worse when he left the Tour with an injury.
-Lars Boom: -79 - I think he might get into the positive by the end of the year. Will be close.
-Martijn Maaskant: -71 - Injuries again.
-Franco Pellizotti: -60 - Don't do drugs.
-Brice Feillu: -45 - I really thought he'd be a good low-priced buy. Been invisible.
-Tejay Van Garderen: -22 - Still has a chance to go positive. He left a lot of points out on the road.

To be honest I'm shocked that with 12 riders in the negative I'm still in the top 10.

kurtinsc said:
Can someone post Sneekes team for me?

I have been keeping my own spreadsheet and updating it from CQ, but I have him with considerably less points then the official one (10806 instead of 11191). I figure his team may have been put in with an error on my sheet.

Funny you mention it now that I myself experienced an incongruence in his team this this week compared to last week. I have no idea if there's a mistake though - I can't find any.

This is his team for referrence:

APPOLLONIO Davide
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
BAKELANTS Jan
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
BRAMMEIER Matthew
CHICCHI Francesco
CUNEGO Damiano
DEIGNAN Philip
DENIFL Stefan
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
FROOME Chris
GERRANS Simon
GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel
GOSS Matthew
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KASHECHKIN Andrey
KENNAUGH Peter
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
MOLLEMA Bauke
PELLIZOTTI Franco
RENSHAW Mark
RICCO Riccardo
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
SICARD Romain
STYBAR Zdenek
SWIFT Ben
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
ULISSI Diego
URAN URAN Rigoberto
VAITKUS Tomas
VAN POPPEL Boy
VANDE VELDE Christian

Wow! Great new format Hugo. Thanks alot, that's awesome. Okay, so not as precipitous a fall as I would have thought, 3 spots. But what's left for my team, especially now that Boonen's season is over? Really it seems to me that my best chance of gaining points with a pick that not many had is if Modolo is somehow in the end group at the Worlds and gets to sprint instead of Bennati. Or, I suppose, someone like Ciolek or Gusev, but that just doesn't seem likely. Not many opportunities to get points left...

This update highlights a few things for me. First, it's a long, long season. Remember when Microdose was dominating for a third of the year? Teams like that, or Trotters Aotearoa, who spent a big amount of time in the top 10, have had things flip about. And guys like luckyboy, who was languishing in the bottom 10 forever, have made a respectable show of it (sidenote: good to see hrotha finally have a great week). Second, expensive picks are risky; injury or just ineffectiveness can really have its cost. On my team, of course Ricco is the poster boy for a wasteful, expensive pick, but there are others. My most expensive pick, Kreuziger, I thought would at least match last year's total, and if he improved a la Nibali last year, he could blow it away. Instead, he had an as-expected first part of the season, but somehow got wedged into the Tour team, rode for 2 weeks injured, and seems to be done. Boonen was ineffective, and although Cunego was a great pick, I thought guys like him, Boonen and Gusev were all shoo-ins for better seasons.

Food for thought for next year. I'm excited for the season to end so I can start crunching numbers on future riders...

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Funny you mention it now that I myself experienced an incongruence in his team this this week compared to last week. I have no idea if there's a mistake though - I can't find any.

This is his team for referrence:

APPOLLONIO Davide
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
BAKELANTS Jan
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald
BRAMMEIER Matthew
CHICCHI Francesco
CUNEGO Damiano
DEIGNAN Philip
DENIFL Stefan
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
FROOME Chris
GERRANS Simon
GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel
GOSS Matthew
HAUSSLER Heinrich
KASHECHKIN Andrey
KENNAUGH Peter
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
MOLLEMA Bauke
PELLIZOTTI Franco
RENSHAW Mark
RICCO Riccardo
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
SICARD Romain
STYBAR Zdenek
SWIFT Ben
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
ULISSI Diego
URAN URAN Rigoberto
VAITKUS Tomas
VAN POPPEL Boy
VANDE VELDE Christian

That matches my list. Here's what I have for the scores though:

APPOLLONIO Davide 252
ARVESEN Kurt Asle 30
BAKELANTS Jan 233
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald 1279
BRAMMEIER Matthew 120
CHICCHI Francesco 115
CUNEGO Damiano 1096
DEIGNAN Philip 72
DENIFL Stefan 109
DI LUCA Danilo 232
DOWSETT Alex 298
FROOME Chris 607
GERRANS Simon 685
GOMEZ MARCHANTE Jose Angel 0
GOSS Matthew 949
HAUSSLER Heinrich 424
KASHECHKIN Andrey 28
KENNAUGH Peter 273
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik 362
MOLLEMA Bauke 975
PELLIZOTTI Franco 0
RENSHAW Mark 256
RICCO Riccardo 24
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin 206
SICARD Romain 0
STYBAR Zdenek 172
SWIFT Ben 437
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets 147
ULISSI Diego 483
URAN URAN Rigoberto 630
VAITKUS Tomas 164
VAN POPPEL Boy 58
VANDE VELDE Christian 90
total 10806

luckyboy said:
That Megaupload link keeps saying that it is unavailable everytime I go on it.

I have had the same problem as well a few times. Usually it works after a few minutes.

I have uploaded the spreadsheet here as well, though:
http://www.easy-share.com/1918163568/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet NEW.xls

Note that this one is updated so a few small mistakes have been fixed. The "Rank this week" colomn is also included in this one.

Edit: that one doesn't seem to work either. Try this one: http://uploading.com/files/2f7mdd83/CQ+Rankings+Spreadsheet+NEW.xls/

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Sylvester said:
Vande Velde scored 475 points this year. Those 90 were from last year.

You found it.

The sheet I had referenced the wrong spreadsheet for that cell. The 2010 points rather then 2011. May have been the issue for Hugo's discrepancy as well since mine was probably initially based on his. Changing that reference set Sneekes "prior week rank" to 4th on my sheet.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Any reason why, when i put in a code, I have to select and press enter on the formula cell for it to grab the value and not update automatically?

that is odd, mine is done automatically..

looks like i might get a solif top 20 :cool:

--

riders who failed me

gesink (62%)
Terpstra (89%)
Maaskant (40%)
Boom (83%)
Slagter (69%)
Posthuma (70%)
Debusschere (77%)
Hoste (27%)
Anton (58%)
Pellozotti (0%)
Ricco (3%)

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I just did a look at a team based on who people selected the most, the list is on page 15. Based on that list I came up with this list of the most popular 33. Cavendish had to be left off as he would have pushed the teams cost beyond the 7500.

HAUSSLER Heinrich
PELLIZOTTI Franco
VANDE VELDE Christian
GERRANS Simon
RICCO Riccardo
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
PHINNEY Taylor
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
SICARD Romain
KASHECHKIN Andrey
FEILLU Brice
ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
DEGENKOLB John
DEIGNAN Philip
CUNEGO Damiano
LÖFKVIST Thomas
NUYENS Nick
MATTHEWS Michael
STYBAR Zdenek
RENSHAW Mark
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
URAN URAN Rigoberto
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
WIGGINS Bradley
OSS Daniel
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik

This team would have cost 7434, so slightly low, and has earnt 12125, so even this team is behind ingsve, although it would be ahead of everyone else.

LukeSchmid said:
I just did a look at a team based on who people selected the most, the list is on page 15. Based on that list I came up with this list of the most popular 33. Cavendish had to be left off as he would have pushed the teams cost beyond the 7500.

HAUSSLER Heinrich
PELLIZOTTI Franco
VANDE VELDE Christian
GERRANS Simon
RICCO Riccardo
SOLER HERNANDEZ Juan Mauricio
PHINNEY Taylor
DUARTE AREVALO Fabio Andres
BOONEN Tom
BOS Theo
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
SICARD Romain
KASHECHKIN Andrey
FEILLU Brice
ANTON HERNANDEZ Igor
DEGENKOLB John
DEIGNAN Philip
CUNEGO Damiano
LÖFKVIST Thomas
NUYENS Nick
MATTHEWS Michael
STYBAR Zdenek
RENSHAW Mark
DI LUCA Danilo
DOWSETT Alex
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
URAN URAN Rigoberto
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets
WIGGINS Bradley
OSS Daniel
ARVESEN Kurt Asle
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik

This team would have cost 7434, so slightly low, and has earnt 12125, so even this team is behind ingsve, although it would be ahead of everyone else.

That makes sense. The most picked riders are ones that many people recognized as bargains so them doing well is no surprise. I happen to have 18 riders from that list in my team and among the ones I avoided are some of the main pitfalls like Ricco and Pellizotti and Sicard.

ingsve said:
Some people were forced to make late changes since their team was over budget so chances are he was one of the riders that someone replaced.

That makes sense, because I was thinking 'how can this person not be a) gloating all the time, and b) not in the top 10?' I remember when I saw that at the start of the year I was like 'pfft, as if that's going to turn out', but then oh how it did. Too bad someone didn't pick him, it would be kind of fun to hear the 'when will it stop' moaning from the 87 other folks.

Here's my attempt at the current optimum team. Think it would have costed 7498 using 33 riders and has so far yielded 23085 pts (based on the 11th Sept update on cqranking):

GILBERT Philippe
VOECKLER Thomas
WIGGINS Bradley
CUNEGO Damiano
LEIPHEIMER Levi
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
MOLLEMA Bauke
KITTEL Marcel
PONZI Simone
PERAUD Jean-Christophe
MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel
GERRANS Simon
POELS Wout
GALLOPIN Tony
HERMANS Ben
FROOME Chris
PINOT Thibaut
DEGENKOLB John
KIRYIENKA Vasil
BRUTT Pavel
VANDE VELDE Christian
TEN DAM Laurens
VANENDERT Jelle
LIGTHART Pim
SERGENT Jesse
KESSIAKOFF Fredrik
NIZZOLO Giacomo
SCHUMACHER Stefan
GUARDINI Andrea
DEGAND Thomas
CLARKE Simon
DOWSETT Alex
TABORRE Fabio

I may have got some help from integer programming software...