• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 118 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Update 36
This weeks high scorers:

1. auto de fé - 346
2. EvansIsTheBest - 315
3. nobilis - 310
4. will10 - 298
5. Kwibus - 297

This weeks high jumpers:

1. EvansIstheBest +6
2. Kwibus +4
2. AntonioRossi +4
2. Moondance +4
5. Mellow Velo +3
5. Jakob747 +3
5. coppiman +3

All in all a good week, even if Boom scored more than half my points, I should break 10000 now.

By the way Wiggins_fan is going to break even AND finish last:cool:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I was 99% going to pick Boom for 2012, but now I think I'll pass. He'll probably score some significant points during the rest of the season.

me also.
Also gesink was a possibility for me.. but after the broken leg, I'm avoiding that one also.

--

What is the go with dekker's score?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
His score is 11

but he only come from a ban in july or whatever.
I was under the impression rules would be different for such riders next season.

For example in 2009, prior to suspension = 189 points.
After suspension 2011 = 11 points
total = 200 points.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I was under the impression rules would be different for such riders next season.

total = 200 points.

Well, what was suggested is that a rider would cost what they scored in their last full season. Dekkers last full season was 2007 where he scored 1083 points so that would be his cost.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

total = 200 points.

Dekker is a strange case because he was suspended from July 1st 2009 until July 1st 2011.
Following the rules I am suggesting that would mean that his value would be that of his 2008 season (his last full season) which is 591.

However, officially Dekker has been stripped of all his results from December 24 2007, the date his positive test was taken - Dekker was only busted because of a re-test of an old doping test. Dekker himself has also admited having used EPO in the 2007 and 2008 season.

If this should have any influence we would have to go back to his 2006 season to find his last full season in which doping hasn't been involved.

On CQRanking, however, they still have all of Dekkers results from 2008, so I suggest his value being 591 - if we go by these rules, that is.

Edit: ingsve mentioned 2007 as his last full season, but if you look at his page on CQRanking, his 2008 season states that he was contracted to Rabobank until August 14 2008 - after that date he didn't have a team until 2009, but this has nothing to do with doping, he just broke with Rabobank because he wasn't selected for the Tour de France team.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
of course ;)

Hugo Koblet said:
Dekker is a strange case because he was suspended from July 1st 2009 until July 1st 2011.
Following the rules I am suggesting that would mean that his value would be that of his 2008 season (his last full season) which is 591.

However, officially Dekker has been stripped of all his results from December 24 2007, the date his positive test was taken - Dekker was only busted because of a re-test of an old doping test. Dekker himself has also admited having used EPO in the 2007 and 2008 season.

If this should have any influence we would have to go back to his 2006 season to find his last full season in which doping hasn't been involved.

On CQRanking, however, they still have all of Dekkers results from 2008, so I suggest his value being 591 - if we go by these rules, that is.

Edit: ingsve mentioned 2007 as his last full season, but if you look at his page on CQRanking, his 2008 season states that he was contracted to Rabobank until August 14 2008 - after that date he didn't have a team until 2009, but this has nothing to do with doping, he just broke with Rabobank because he wasn't selected for the Tour de France team.

actually the whole rabo split thing, I suggest was directly linked to the doping issues. Don't think anyone was buying into the tdf thing.

I don't think he doped in 2009 tho. Nor does his results suggest as much. Of course doing a 2009 half season / 2011 half season gets confusing.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
of course ;)

actually the whole rabo split thing, I suggest was directly linked to the doping issues. Don't think anyone was buying into the tdf thing.

I don't think he doped in 2009 tho. Nor does his results suggest as much. Of course doing a 2009 half season / 2011 half season gets confusing.

That might be the case. I was travelling most of 2008 so I didn't follow cycling very closely that year, and you probably know more about him than I do :)

In either case I don't see much difference between 2007 and 2008 because the doping test was from 2007, so I think either 2006 or 2008 should count if we follow these rules.

Besides Dekker there are at least three riders who are very controversial with regards to the 2012 season, so a verdict has to be made at some point.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion is that riders whose doping suspension ended on or after 1 January 2011 are not allowed to be picked. All other riders are to be picked at their value for this year. This would rule out riders like Valverde, Rebellin, Astarloza and Dekker.

EDIT: Still leaves questions about Mosquera and Pellizotti who have not ridden but are not suspended.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I was just working the numbers of my team and as of today, I need 950 more points to break even on my entire starting score.

My team cost a total of 7495, and for the year, my team has scored a total of 6545 points.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
I was just working the numbers of my team and as of today, I need 950 more points to break even on my entire starting score.

My team cost a total of 7495, and for the year, my team has scored a total of 6545 points.

Good luck!!!!