• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 187km Stage 1 Seyssins → Saint-Vallier

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 187km Stage 1 Seyssins → Saint-Vallier

PROFIL.png

CARTE.jpg

Interesting parcours with quite a few hills. And a climb in the last 10km.
A smaller bunch sprint?
EBH is the real favourite for this one if sky decide to ride for him.
Degenkolb has a good shot too. So does Feillu.
The rabo duo of matthews and LLS have a good chance of winning.

Degenkolb or Matthews for the win.

As for EBH he seemed like he had no intentions of going for any stage wins at this race. He actually said that "I'm here with no personal ambitions, my goal is only to help Wiggins and there are no sprint stages anyway" (which makes no sense whatsoever as this stage is virtually perfect for him). Either way I don't think his form is particularly good at the moment, else I guess he would've been more confident...

May 27, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
obvious stage win for vino is obvious
3 km@6% is enough to destroy the sprinter's legs.
let's see if phil gets back the stamina slowly...

Phil is looking ok, but I'm just afraid the hill is too far away from the finish for him.
Maybe he will be able to contest the sprint.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
obvious stage win for vino is obvious
3 km@6% is enough to destroy the sprinter's legs.
let's see if phil gets back the stamina slowly...

Nah, his prologue was pretty bad. Also was looking weak at the Tour of Belgium. In 2011 he nearly beat Westra in the prologue of the Tour of Belgium.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
EBH, Degenkolb or Matthews if he can get a decent position this time. Nice first stage for a wave of attacks in the final, could be entertaining.