• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2014: Stage 6, Grenoble - Poisy (178.5 km)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Totally agree with Fight.The.Power. You're reaching. It's like calling an athlete a "freak" because they're so good or athletic. It's just a joke.

Yeah, because everyone who calls Froome 'alien' are doing it out of massive respect for his incredible cycling ability and not for any other reason. I mean, I see on this thread those joking about it are clearly his biggest fans.

djlovesyou said:
Yeah, because everyone who calls Froome 'alien' are doing it out of massive respect for his incredible cycling ability and not for any other reason. I mean, I see on this thread those joking about it are clearly his biggest fans.

Doesn't matter if they are fans or not. Because I call someone alien doesn't mean I'm accusing him of clinic-related behavior. For example, I've called athletes I like "freak" as well as those I dislike. If Froome destroys the field tomorrow I could conceivably say Froome went "alien mode" and I assure, I won't be accusing him (even though I don't like the guy) of clinic behavior as I'd take that to the clinic if I wanted to.

Besides, you and Mellow are missing how it got started. Who in the peloton looks more like this:

Alien-006.jpg

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Doesn't matter if they are fans or not. Because I call someone alien doesn't mean I'm accusing him of clinic-related behavior. For example, I've called athletes I like "freak" as well as those I dislike. If Froome destroys the field tomorrow I could conceivably say Froome went "alien mode" and I assure, I won't be accusing him (even though I don't like the guy) of clinic behavior as I'd take that to the clinic if I wanted to.

Besides, you and Mellow are missing how it got started. Who in the peloton looks more like this:

Alien-006.jpg

Chris Fruuume: Age 9, moments before receiving his first bike...