• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most interesting part is probably that Bernal tends to fade over the last weeks, while guys like Pinot become stronger. Roglic on a very high level throughout.

Occitane: Bernal clearly stronger than Pinot
Ain: Bernal very close to Roglic
Dauphine: Bernal gapped by both

Bernal still lacks the kick atm, if this is just a training race for him it's ok, if it wasn't planned I'm a bit worried. He did lots of volume at lower intensity durning the lockdown, so he probably just needs more racing to be a bit sharper.
It wouldn't surprise me if Rabofail is flying too early.

I know Roglic is great and all and deserves it.

But still I get sad when I see GT podium finisher Kruijswijk and GT winner Dumoulin pacing at the front for the entire climb. That kills all excitement.
Ofcourse nobody is gonna attack when those guys pace. It's the same as with Ineos each year. Nothing changed, just the team
Yeah, VanAert, Gesink and Kuus would be an intimidating enough train just by themselves, but throwing in top GC contenders like that as well is just over the top.

Then again, they still have to ride. 3 TdF winners in the Ineos train, and they ended up nowhere.