• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brutal route. Stage 4 with the Bisanne climb is nasty. That was one of the hardest climbs I've ever done. I can't imagine actually, you know, racing up it...

With that in mind, it's possible that the winner of this race will have burned too many matches this close to the Tour. I wouldn't read too much into the final results but rather watch how certain riders go on certain climbs. I know that's often the case with the Dauphine but this year it might be exaggerated.

You could say that for a lot more of the participants!

Take Roglic, for example. He demonstrated that he is in fantastic shape already, and to me he seems like the only guy who wouldn't be dropped by Remco at the moment.

Why not go for a monument?
At least Roglic is a favourite for the Tour and he'll finally race FW and LBL after the Tour, but Formolo already did the whole block of racing in Italy. Gran Piemonte, Lombardia, Emilia and the NC in about 10 days would be a great prep and not worse than the Dauphine.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just hope all the guys (especially GC guys) get to the end without any crashes or injuries so we can have an (hopefully) epic tour battle. Like bolder says, Roglic doesn't want to go too hard to win and end up knackered for the 3rd week of the Tour. This race should be very interesting for G and Froome, if they dont show much improvement then Bernal could be in for a either a hard time or the best doms ever.

This year the route designers really don´t like the sprinters... especially in France.. :D
So with nearly every GC guy here who will ride the TDF later, we will get a good pre-taste.
Personally I am curious about the first after lockdown race from Buchmann. Also interesting will be how good his domestiques (Kämna, Mühlberger) will be compared to Jumbo and Ineos.
Also interesting to see will be how good Landa, Pogacar and Pinot are.
For now, the favourites for the tour are Roglic and Bernal.
Hope that at least a few other guys (Quintana, Pinot, Buchmann, Pogacar, Landa) are in good form, so that the tour will not be reduced to the battle between Jumbo and Ineos..

You could say that for a lot more of the participants!

Take Roglic, for example. He demonstrated that he is in fantastic shape already, and to me he seems like the only guy who wouldn't be dropped by Remco at the moment.

Why not go for a monument?
Roglic is a favourite for the tour, so it makes sence that he will go to the last prep-race where every other contender for the GC will also be. He has also high chances to win the GC of the Dauphine.
Formolo has no chance to win the GC of the Dauphine or the TDF. So in his position perhaps it would really make a bit more sense to participate in the italian races. Schachmann is more or less the only ardennes guy (who rides the TDF) who will go the other way.

Bloody hell that's a bit of a stiff route isn't it, i suspect this might hinder people already in blistering form a bit because of the proximity, could be good for some of the giro guys as a modified early season peak
Maybe that's why it's only five stages this year. Usually it's eight or maybe that has more to do with the tight scheduling for the remainder of the season ?

TRENDING THREADS