• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 minutes of bad for TP....he's going to be replaying this one a few times tonight.

Dumoulin coming into really good form at the right time; if Roglic is OK hard to see how anyone takes down Jumbo; Sivakov had a gritty ride too.
Hard to see them losing the Tour with or without Roglic. Kruiswijk is more problematic IMO because he fits more into the super dom role naturally than Roglic. If Roglic is healthy they will have the two biggest favorites, along with Pinot and Bernal (if his back doesn’t hinder him).

Reactions: Sandisfan
The Dauphine delivers on the final day. Great day of racing. Chapeau to EF and Martinez, and to JV on the stage win. . . . And to Pinot for giving it a go. To Thibaut fans (including me) who might be disappointed today, keep in mind that this is not the biggest prize. Pinot is looking good for the TDF. . . . Also see Dumo looming, coming into form.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't think I'm the only one who finds Martinez as Dauphine winner kinda underwhelming. This was a bit like the 2014 Dauphine finale, with Pinot as Contador.

Anyway, Kuss now also winning a stage finally allows me to brag about picking him in the poll. CN Forum expert at work my friends ^^
In hindsight the Dauphine disappointment was a perfect warmup for what was to come

TRENDING THREADS