• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

a2c22

StageTypeDateStart and FinishDistanceDetails
1 HillySunday, june 4, 2023CHAMBON-SUR-LAC > CHAMBON-SUR-LAC158 km Stage 1
2 HillyMonday, june 5, 2023BRASSAC-LES-MINES > LA CHAISE-DIEU167.5 km Stage 2
3 HillyTuesday, june 6, 2023MONISTROL-SUR-LOIRE > LE COTEAU194.5 km Stage 3
4 Individual time-trialWednesday, june 7, 2023COURS > BELMONT-DE-LA-LOIRE31.1 km Stage 4
5 HillyThursday, june 8, 2023CORMORANCHE-SUR-SAÔNE > SALINS-LES-BAINS191.5 km Stage 5
6 MountainFriday, june 9, 2023NANTUA > CREST-VOLAND170.5 km Stage 6
7 MountainSaturday, june 10, 2023PORTE-DE-SAVOIE > COL DE LA CROIX DE FER - SAINT SORLIN148 km Stage 7
8 MountainSunday, june 11, 2023LE PONT-DE-CLAIX > LA BASTILLE153 km Stage 8

3b765

5ad72

d1cdf

a9160

26dfc

Good route, stage 1 looks pretty hard, I wonder how are the stats of the long climb?

Looking at the profiles, Vingegård could win all stages from 4 to 8 (maybe stage 1 too) but he will probably be happy with just 2 or 3 wins plus the overall.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Good route, stage 1 looks pretty hard, I wonder how are the stats of the long climb?

Looking at the profiles, Vingegård could win all stages from 4 to 8 (maybe stage 1 too) but he will probably be happy with just 2 or 3 wins plus the overall.
I think Vingegaard wins the last stage but for the other mountain stages, I think there are enough contenders who might be faster than him in a small group sprint. For the TT, I think Hayter can challenge him.

I think Vingegaard wins the last stage but for the other mountain stages, I think there are enough contenders who might be faster than him in a small group sprint. For the TT, I think Hayter can challenge him.

Possible, but Vingegård has a pretty decent sprint himself and there is no Pogačar and Roglič here to dominate those and I think he can drop everyone on stage 7 too. The TT is harder than last year and I expect Vingegård to go all out on that stage but Hayter is a good pick as well.

Hope to see a breakaway finally making it in a World Tour race (Giro aside) and a good battle for the podium.

I actually love the route. It is very balanced with something for the punchier riders and sprinters at the start, a really nice TT and then the finale in the Alps for the GC guys. Even the design of the mountain stages is cool.

And besides, I love the race in general. It has those pre-summer vibes, the anticipation builds and it is far more relaxed compared to its bigger brother in July. The Tour is a show, a sort of chaos that you look forward to for half a year and after a week of racing you more often than not want to throw your TV out of the window.

Yeah I was talking about pre 2010, for example, you literally used to get Mont Ventoux most years back then, plus harder stages in the Alps. I don't think we've seen it since 2007?
I think there was a period when it would have like 3 real mountain stages, with maybe 4 GC stages road stages in total, but now it's doing all these weak medium mountain stages apart from the last 2 days.

TRENDING THREADS