• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vingegaard very matter-of-fact in his post-race interview - if we could just squeeze a tiny bit of charisma out of him...

J/K, not every rider has, or has to have, a camera friendly personality. (I actually kinda like Vinge's quietness, it's definitely his own.)
Er... did you actually listen to what he was saying? He gave a very clear reason for his understated reaction (seemed almost in tears, even).

I'm wondering if Vingegaard actually increased the pace at some point to drop Carapaz or if Carapaz just suddenly completely blew up given how quickly he dropped back to and was dropped from the peloton. It's like he just gave Vingegaard a lead-out and sprinted up the hill untill his legs were empty. Entertaining yes but not exactly smart.
Vingo took a turn, and then probably noticed that with Carapaz on the front the group was closing in. So then you either get caught or you attack.

I'm wondering if Vingegaard actually increased the pace at some point to drop Carapaz or if Carapaz just suddenly completely blew up given how quickly he dropped back to and was dropped from the peloton. It's like he just gave Vingegaard a lead-out and sprinted up the hill untill his legs were empty. Entertaining yes but not exactly smart.
I'm pretty sure he upped the pace, because the group behind was beginning to close the gap.

well, it kinda is Richie's MO, but glad to hear at least he is active/aggressive

Reactions: Sandisfan
Glad to see Bernal up there. His trend continues to improves. Worrying about Dani Martinez. But we'll see if he improves in the high mountains in the following days.

Some guys with a bad TT did OK today. They just know they don't have to face the same TT at the Tour and didn't bother to prepare for it. They just need to be better at the mountains.
So true.

I so pine for the days when GTs were a more balanced measure of all around abilities.

Fausto is not included on le Suisse startlist from what I saw. Looks like quickstep wont race him for a while, i doubt he will be in baloise tour belgium. He stopped being active on social media and strava, and that happened before when he had bad Mononuclosis flare ups. I'm really quite worried. But also I praying that he's just doing incognito training in Mexico or somewhere to get 2021 lombardia form for the summer