• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2024, June 2 - 9

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Decathlon 2024 version of Felix Gall post-altitude could be fun here
Baffles me why Gall wouldnt go to Suisse. Thats a win IMO. With 35 km of ITT and this route, he should sneak into top 10 here, but not more. Then again, its about TdF, but Tour de Suisse is a big race, especially for a rider of Gall's calibre. In this day and age, you might want to win what you can while you can, because the 4 best + a bunch of other riders not lining up in a big ass stage race on a route such as this would be a no brainer for me if I was him.

I guess he rides on a French team as well, but come on, I was actually looking forward to watching Gall buyring these wannabees in Switzerland...

Baffles me why Gall wouldnt go to Suisse. Thats a win IMO. With 35 km of ITT and this route, he should sneak into top 10 here, but not more. Then again, its about TdF, but Tour de Suisse is a big race, especially for a rider of Gall's calibre. In this day and age, you might want to win what you can while you can, because the 4 best + a bunch of other riders not lining up in a big ass stage race on a route such as this would be a no brainer for me if I was him.

I guess he rides on a French team as well, but come on, I was actually looking forward to watching Gall buyring these wannabees in Switzerland...
I think Gall could win Suisse too but it always seemed like a race for people who aren't really serious about The Tour, it doesn't fit in as well with their training blocks/periodisation.

Promising route and strong line-up. The final pre-Tour test: who's the best from the rest? My prediction: Rogla (if he stays on his bike, that is). I'm curious how Ayuso fares against Rogla and Remco: he could be pretty strong and in contention for victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Yeah. That’s how one would characterize Remco’s approach. Wheelsucking. Never attacks.
I was hoping we would get a nice little period after The Giro where we didn't have to deal with Pogacar fans jumping on every really obvious little joke and interpreting it as a mortal sleight against their favourite rider. It's going to be a long 6 weeks, please try to pace yourself.

Amazing course. Looks custom made for Vingegaard, too bad he won't be there. But otherwise after the Giro this looks a perfect test of all of Pogacar's rivals. Remco likely will have a lead after the TT, but can he hang on after three difficult MTFs? I am picking Roglic to take overall with Remco close enough to whet our appetites for the TdF.

One of the best routes and one of the best start list. And these 1 week races are usually better than the grand tours. I can't wait

Roglic, Evenepole, Landa, Masnada, Gall, buitrego, hindleyz , Vlasov , G martin, Gregoire, gaudi, c Rodrigues, kuss, ciccone, TGH, Van welder, Ajuso, Soler, froome.

What a festival of climbing talent

Interesting if Gaudí can paint a better picture of his form than in this race last year.

One of the best routes and one of the best start list. And these 1 week races are usually better than the grand tours. I can't wait

Roglic, Evenepole, Landa, Masnada, Gall, buitrego, hindleyz , Vlasov , G martin, Gregoire, gaudi, c Rodrigues, kuss, ciccone, TGH, Van welder, Ajuso, Soler, froome.

What a festival of climbing talent
Over half the names spelt correctly. Expert analysis.

Bro really referenced Kelderman in 2014 without acknowledging that Andrew freakin' Talansky won the thing
Yeah it was a classic robbery, one of my favourites at the time, Talansky has err.. divided opinion since then so I went with the more diplomatic Wilco pick :laughing: .

Just google 'Andrew Talansky pandemic'

3 years younger than Geraint Thomas, retired in 2017

Almost as good as the Andy Schleck is younger than Froome fact.