• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné May 30-June 6 2021

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TGH seems ready to peak at the right time. I think he will be the strongest Ineo$ rider in July
Don't know if he'll be the strongest Ineos rider come July but it's nice to see him in good shape again and animating the race.

He's an odd duck.

Nobody really viewed him as a Giro contender (pre-race) last year, but he's like the little engine that could, he just keeps chugging on.

Obviously the Tour is a different level, but I would not be surprised if he ended up on the podium, after the usual GC favorites exiting the race due to injuries, or losing strength in week 3.

20 riders finished in the same time today. These riders should also be the strongest tomorrow and on sunday.

Here the team distribution:
Movistar Team
3​
INEOS Grenadiers
3​
Team Jumbo-Visma
2​
BORA - hansgrohe
2​
Astana - Premier Tech
2​
Cofidis, Solutions Crédits
1​
Team BikeExchange
1​
Team Arkéa Samsic
1​
Groupama - FDJ
1​
Team DSM
1​
Israel Start-Up Nation
1​
Bahrain - Victorious
1​
Intermarché - Wanty - Gobert Matériaux
1​
I'm actually really impressed that Craddock managed to finish 5.55 behind Valverde. He must have got off and walked after they caught him.

20 riders finished in the same time today. These riders should also be the strongest tomorrow and on sunday.

Here the team distribution:
Movistar Team
3​
INEOS Grenadiers
3​
Team Jumbo-Visma
2​
BORA - hansgrohe
2​
Astana - Premier Tech
2​
Cofidis, Solutions Crédits
1​
Team BikeExchange
1​
Team Arkéa Samsic
1​
Groupama - FDJ
1​
Team DSM
1​
Israel Start-Up Nation
1​
Bahrain - Victorious
1​
Intermarché - Wanty - Gobert Matériaux
1​

You should include the first 4 not in the same time (Paret-Peintre, O'Connor, Skjelmose, Aru) on that list.

They came in at the back of the group, but small gaps meant their time difference to Valverde counted.

I remember someone saying yesterday, that Skjelmose would drop a minute on the TT.
Are you worried yet? :p
My exact quote was:

"Then he can start praying Van Wilder has 2 punctures tomorrow, or he'll be looking at a 1+ minute deficit before they start climbing. "

Tomorrow they start climbing.

:cool:

I don't think that Landa was an egomaniac. In the Movistar documentary, especially in the Giro, he came across as a team player, even though riding for Carapaz compromised his personal goals.
Sure, and Arkea is Armageddon now. It is past now and we only have the stories.
Chemistry between riders sometimes is inexplicable. I'll tell you that I have never thought that Lopez would do a lead out for Valverde in a race like this. Especially since he is ahead on the GC. And from all riders (Landa, Quintana, Mas, Valverde) Lopez is the most aggressive if you ask me. So there you have it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Reactions: RedheadDane