• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium International - St 2&3: Porto Vecchio 75km, 7.7km ITT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Thanks Russell Downing for the Virtual Director Sportif points, I'm now 322 out of 445 and in danger of losing sponsors.:cool:

Contador needs to prove today that he can win a Time Trial on a Specialized bike. Castilla y Leon is more than two weeks off, so if he can breathe, there's no reason to hold back.

I reckon it is too short and flat for him. Some of the bigger riders should have him on the flat straights.

My Personal Pick is:

MILLAR, David
SANCHEZ, Samuel
EVANS, Cadel

(from the big GC boys, someone could always do a Lars Boom)

Also swordsman, where has you avatar / all you posts gone? :confused:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Fedrigo comes third. Looking back at the first stage, Sanchez was awarded four seconds over Evans for coming third, so i guess that means Fedrigo stretches his lead by four seconds to 25 seconds over Sanchez and 29 seconds over Evans, Rogers, Horner? Still dont think its enough though.

I think your right but could be wrong. Fedrigo did a good similar prologue at PN.

auscyclefan94 said:
I think your right but could be wrong. Fedrigo did a good similar prologue at PN.

Fedrigo is confident of holding onto it

Race leader Pierrick Fedrigo (FDJeux) insisted it would take a disaster for him to be beaten in the final 7.7-kms timed effort: "I have the legs and I have the mental. With the form I’m in, I can’t see how I can be beaten unless disaster strikes. Over 7.7-kms you can’t afford to ask yourself any questions, you give it your all," he said.

(from the letour live report)

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Fedrigo is confident of holding onto it

Race leader Pierrick Fedrigo (FDJeux) insisted it would take a disaster for him to be beaten in the final 7.7-kms timed effort: "I have the legs and I have the mental. With the form I’m in, I can’t see how I can be beaten unless disaster strikes. Over 7.7-kms you can’t afford to ask yourself any questions, you give it your all," he said.

(from the letour live report)

Surprised letour don't know which team Fedrigo is on :rolleyes:

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Why is Frantisek Rabon the slowest finisher so far some 2+ mins down? Fall maybe?

and bert Grabsch +32 atm. Why would you not go flat out in a TT if you were an ex-TT Champ / had a gun TT like Rabon?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
Why is Frantisek Rabon the slowest finisher so far some 2+ mins down? Fall maybe?

and bert Grabsch +32 atm. Why would you not go flat out in a TT if you were an ex-TT Champ / had a gun TT like Rabon?

grabsch is hopeless on any gradient other than flat.:rolleyes:

Big GMaC said:

The newsfeed said Columbia did some hard work for a time to bring the break back. Would still have thought it was worth giving the TT a go though.

TRENDING THREADS