Criterium International - St 2&3: Porto Vecchio 75km, 7.7km ITT

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
Hilarious.

I am watching Versus TT coverage. Vino just came in and they mentioned that he is behind the leader, WESTRA and Armstrong. At the same moment, a graphic displayed on the screen shows the leader, then mangel and I think Velits. Hilarious, I say, especially since Vino finished ahead of Armstrong.

You get to hear Liggetroll's version of reality, then you go check the standings to see what actually happened. Maybe that's why it's on tape delay: So the Armstrong fans can console themselves with Versus coverage.

I can't wait to see if Versus has an alternate reality ending to the podium scene at the tour....
 
Mar 19, 2009
248
0
0
sublimit said:
Rogers is also very impressive, dont know what his programme is this year but he looks such a class rider. Maybe having a go TDF stages and a podium position.
Good to see Rogers showing form in the TT again. His looking top 5 potential for the TdF imo
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
i couldn’t watch the tt live and the recaps aren’t available yet.

my impressions from reading some reports:

(i) berto’s performance suggests it was a real allergy yesterday, no bs here
(ii) vino is in good shape and improving
(iii) armstrong’s performance was good, better than i would have thought.
(iv) rogers surprised me both days
(v) france is experiencing a renaissance.
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
1
0
undencem said:
Vino's comeback with a 14. place finish in 3.stage and 25.place overall really made me very happy . I hope ASO let him participate in TdF. He would add more excitement to the Tour.
I believe this is a done deal. Vino will be allowed in the TDF.
 
Mar 29, 2010
1
0
0
AC allergies

BTW, AC mentioned allergy problems in an article the day before the Crit International began.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
auscyclefan94 said:
SS and CE very average:mad:
Probably a bit more dissapointed in Sanchez, it was course which should of suited SAnchez IMO, the short, sharp, turning course.

Evans was on his first race on the TT-01, he said he wasn't not bad but not good. He didn't seem to be able to get low enough on the bike and had some troubles their. He said a "black cat" ran out in front of him in the first km. He isn't racing till fleche so some good training he will be doing.

Rogers was very impressive but he seemed to have had some strong form in the chrono
 
Mar 10, 2009
2
0
0
During the TT on versus US tv fed did anyone notice how AC kept sliding down to the nose of his saddle and then every 3 or 4 strokes would pop back to the tail. You would think he would either nose ride or sit on the center.
For rookies this means the saddle angle is wrong but for a top pro what does it mean?
 
May 18, 2009
3,758
0
0
ericj51 said:
During the TT on versus US tv fed did anyone notice how AC kept sliding down to the nose of his saddle and then every 3 or 4 strokes would pop back to the tail. You would think he would either nose ride or sit on the center.
For rookies this means the saddle angle is wrong but for a top pro what does it mean?
Maybe his a$$ itched. Hemorrhoids?
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Probably a bit more dissapointed in Sanchez, it was course which should of suited SAnchez IMO, the short, sharp, turning course.

Evans was on his first race on the TT-01, he said he wasn't not bad but not good. He didn't seem to be able to get low enough on the bike and had some troubles their. He said a "black cat" ran out in front of him in the first km. He isn't racing till fleche so some good training he will be doing.

Rogers was very impressive but he seemed to have had some strong form in the chrono
Is that a "black cat" as in: a black cat, or is it a "black cat" as in something else completely?

Also, are there any pictures of the bike online as far as you know, because I always liked those.

Sorry for taking the pss out of your punctuation.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
taiwan said:
Is that a "black cat" as in: a black cat, or is it a "black cat" as in something else completely?

Also, are there any pictures of the bike online as far as you know, because I always liked those.

Sorry for taking the pss out of your punctuation.
na that's alright. read my post back and it was pretty bad. An actual black cat.
 

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
2,135
0
0
ericj51 said:
During the TT on versus US tv fed did anyone notice how AC kept sliding down to the nose of his saddle and then every 3 or 4 strokes would pop back to the tail. You would think he would either nose ride or sit on the center.
For rookies this means the saddle angle is wrong but for a top pro what does it mean?
Means he is doing exactly what he did in the final TT of the 2009 TdF.
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
Evans was on his first race on the TT-01, he said he wasn't not bad but not good. He didn't seem to be able to get low enough on the bike and had some troubles their. He said a "black cat" ran out in front of him in the first km. He isn't racing till fleche so some good training he will be doing.
I'll see your excuses about allergies and diarrhea and raise you one black cat. :rolleyes:
 
Apr 9, 2009
1,916
0
0
alberto.legstrong said:
I'll see your excuses about allergies and diarrhea and raise you one black cat. :rolleyes:
I hope that cat is home safe tonight because I'm sure Evans is looking to cut its head off!
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Good form by everyone including the team the haters refer to as the retirement shack. When are the haters gonna sponsor a team?

Nice shots from the motor bikes of the TT riders. Good on the camaramen French TV Versus and Mich.-Ultra. Enjoyed that race, me.

Haters keep on hating. I think Lance looks good!
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
flicker said:
Good form by everyone including the team the haters refer to as the retirement shack. When are the haters gonna sponsor a team?

Nice shots from the motor bikes of the TT riders. Good on the camaramen French TV Versus and Mich.-Ultra. Enjoyed that race, me.

Haters keep on hating. I think Lance looks good!
Well... I personally think Lance will be in the same sort of form he was last year come July... but I have trouble saying he's looked "good" in any race this year.

I don't think we've seen anything resembling "good form" from Lance yet this season. I believe he'll be thinner and in shape (and have his typical Tour tan) come July... but he's not showing it yet.
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
kurtinsc said:
Well... I personally think Lance will be in the same sort of form he was last year come July... but I have trouble saying he's looked "good" in any race this year.

I don't think we've seen anything resembling "good form" from Lance yet this season. I believe he'll be thinner and in shape (and have his typical Tour tan) come July... but he's not showing it yet.
I think he throws little pro-Lance barbs in there that are...shall I say... a little too fan-a-licious just to stir the pot. It's all good. But really, speaking of the pot, Lance needs to either *** or get off of it, because he can't afford even just a little increase between now and July, he is going to need some of Doctor Bronner's magic youth serum.
 
flicker said:
Good form by everyone including the team the haters refer to as the retirement shack. When are the haters gonna sponsor a team?

Nice shots from the motor bikes of the TT riders. Good on the camaramen French TV Versus and Mich.-Ultra. Enjoyed that race, me.

Haters keep on hating. I think Lance looks good!
Lance looked like crap. He may get better Over the coming months, but he looked like absolute crap this weekend. That is if you consider him a professional cyclist.

He looked damn good for a retired professional cyclist
 
taiwan said:
Is that a "black cat" as in: a black cat, or is it a "black cat" as in something else completely?

Also, are there any pictures of the bike online as far as you know, because I always liked those.

Sorry for taking the pss out of your punctuation.
I think it was "blackcat"
 
auscyclefan94 said:
Evans was on his first race on the TT-01, he said he wasn't not bad but not good. He didn't seem to be able to get low enough on the bike and had some troubles their. He said a "black cat" ran out in front of him in the first km. He isn't racing till fleche so some good training he will be doing.
Ahh, the old black cat excuse.

 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
BikeCentric said:
I hope that cat is home safe tonight because I'm sure Evans is looking to cut its head off!
Deservedly so:D
BroDeal said:
Ahh, the old black cat excuse.

nah, have a listen to the bmc audio line on their site. He said he took it easy on the descent because a black cat ran out front of him. he was laughing when he was saying it. Not an excuse just to clarify. I know some posters would use that against him because the hate and are jealous of him;)
 
Went to the versus site to see what sort of spin they put on crit international so i watched their 3 minute highlights video, but the thing that i noticed was that Phil said Arm-is-not-very-strong is riding Ronde van Vlaanderen. Is he really? If so how could i have missed that?
 
Mar 14, 2010
268
0
0
El Imbatido said:
Went to the versus site to see what sort of spin they put on crit international so i watched their 3 minute highlights video, but the thing that i noticed was that Phil said Arm-is-not-very-strong is riding Ronde van Vlaanderen. Is he really? If so how could i have missed that?
I watched Versus as I missed the spanish feed online. It was painful. They recapped the first day and a quick recap of stage 2. They picked up stage 3 with AC. They immediately made it clear that it was French TV and they were only able to comment on that feed. I am sure they were very upset that they totally missed Lance's TT. Phil mentioned when everyone crossed the line that Lance was in 2nd.

Bobke must have mentioned at least 3-4 times during AC's TT that he was dropped on the last hill in stage 1 without explaining anything AC said after the race, and that AC was expected to win. After Phil mentioned the allergies, Bobke said he didn't buy it. AC was out of form and tired from Paris Nice. He barely hung on at PN.(maybe it is just me, but isn't it odd, he would question one racer's words and illness...but not apply the same questions to the other rider's words and illness--yes meant to say Lance was a rider not a racer this weekend.)

Phil said for the 2nd time that Sir Lance Weighs Alot-stong was still suffering from his illness. Plus it is only March.

So what I learned from watching today is that all is well in the world. It is only March. Sir Weighs Alot-strong will be able to find those 5 plus minutes by July. He wasn't really trying in Stage 1. AC won't be able to find the 1 minute he lost in Stage 1 by July as his form is poor. Sir Weighs A Lot-strong's next race is Tour of Flanders and Versus will follow him there. Of course, I can hardly wait for them to tell me it is only April. I might forget to turn my calendar page.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gigs_98 Professional Road Racing 140

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS