Criterium International - St 2&3: Porto Vecchio 75km, 7.7km ITT

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theswordsman said:
It's a shame that Radio Shack's best race of the year doesn't earn UCI points. I still like Machado, though, and his national TT kit looks way better than the RS stuff. It's a shame he can't race the Giro this year for the training and experience. I wonder of he'll be on any other Armstrong squads?
Was he not being the best young rider jersey? (skinsuit)
 
Oct 29, 2009
1,096
0
0
It doesn't matter how Fedrigo rode the TT, he rode well enough to defend his lead. Good for him.

Seemed as though AC's allergies weren't all that bad this morning, rode a solid TT.

How about Machado? Another good finish, but that was because he sucks wheels, and of course AC's allergies...:rolleyes:
 
issoisso said:
He already knew that. He had been told he was likely to ride the Giro, though. The non-invite likely smashed his spirit far more.
The non-Vuelta invite and the lack of interest in races post July by team management will lead Marchshoonckjdio to early retirement.

That will teach him for showing initiative.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
thehog said:
Was he not being the best young rider jersey? (skinsuit)
My bad. I wasn't keeping up with the jerseys, and didn't know other than the leader would have a suit ready on a short race and wear that instead of a national champ jersey. Pretty impressive turnaround, especially if someone had moved into that position in stage2. Jiffy service
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
theswordsman said:
My bad. I wasn't keeping up with the jerseys, and didn't know other than the leader would have a suit ready on a short race and wear that instead of a national champ jersey. Pretty impressive turnaround, especially if someone had moved into that position in stage2. Jiffy service
In most races (and ASO races are included), all jerseys and skinsuits are provided by the organizers. They have people whose job is solely that :)
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Mellow Velo said:
Dim will be pleased. Russ Downing's biggest career win. A Brit winning for Sky.
Yes he will be well happy but yeah probably Downings biggest win. Its a big step up from semi pro racing in the UK but he seems a very talented rider, otherwise Brailsford wouldnt of got him on board for the Sky team, well done to the man.

only 3 wins for Brits this year though - Cavendish And Downing and now Millar.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
yes not a bad day for Brits today and Millar still getting the job done in ITT's, Contador will be spitting blood!

Rogers is also very impressive, dont know what his programme is this year but he looks such a class rider. Maybe having a go TDF stages and a podium position.
 
Dec 24, 2009
60
0
0
RS wins the coveted team classification , I bet Astana is terrified.Machado isn't old enough for the bald headed gang what the heck is he doin' there!?:eek:
 
Nov 24, 2009
1,602
0
0
cotterpin said:
RS wins the coveted team classification , I bet Astana is terrified.Machado isn't old enough for the bald headed gang what the heck is he doin' there!?:eek:
It doesn't matter, Machadooo has upstaged the old men too many time this year, after this his season is basically over. No Giro, No TdF, No Vuelta
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
sublimit said:
Yes he will be well happy but yeah probably Downings biggest win. Its a big step up from semi pro racing in the UK but he seems a very talented rider, otherwise Brailsford wouldnt of got him on board for the Sky team, well done to the man.

only 3 wins for Brits this year though - Cavendish And Downing and now Millar.
Is the overall at the Tour of Ireland not a bigger win?
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Its difficult to say, and only Downing will know that, but I think winning the Tour of Ireland got him the Sky contract so maybe that was arguably his best result, but possibly getting a win on the continent means a lot more.

Obviously the TOI was a far tougher race and he was riding for a very small team, but as a Brit I reckon winning on the continent for a big team means everything even on a flat short stage.
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,003
0
0
Yet again Sky competitive over a short distance - just all falls apart over 80 kms ;)

I don't know about a good day for the Brits - it's been a great day for the French. Loving it that Fedrigo held on for the win - is the fact that we're seeing French riders being successfully competitive indicative of the passport working? And now whether you're more talented than anyone else is what makes the difference? Whatever, I thoroughly enjoyed the Crit this year.

And a reassuring day for AC - both he and Armstrong rode that TT eyeballs out (Jalabert called it, don't let the fanboy misinformation campaign convince you otherwise) and AC easily came out on top.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
"I am happy with today's performance, I did not have these problems with allergies also because it was a shorter effort (than Saturday)," Contador told Reuters by his Astana team bus, wearing a pair of jeans and a team polo after having a quick shower.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28032010/58/fedrigo-wins-criterium-millar-tt.html

"He is discovering what real professional cycling is about this season. He can be impressive but he still has a lot to learn."

The 24-year-old Machado also showed his class in the Paris-Nice stage race earlier his month, often attacking in the climbs.

Those performances would naturally put him on a team shortlist of riders earmarked to help Armstrong in the mountains for the July 3-25 Tour de France but Bruyneel insists the race has come too soon.

"No, it's impossible (that he rides the Tour)," the Belgian said. "He still has too much to learn. He still does not really know how to place himself in the bunch, he takes too much wind."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/cycling/Armstrong-teammate-Machado-not-ready-for-Tour-Manager/articleshow/5735026.cms
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Big GMaC said:
It doesn't matter, Machadooo has upstaged the old men too many time this year, after this his season is basically over. No Giro, No TdF, No Vuelta
Maybe Vuelta... to help someone else. If RS don't have a decent Tour they'll take the best bodies to the Vuelta to save face, rather then just Lance's friends.

But no chance at the Tour. Too many other guys have promises.
 
kurtinsc said:
Maybe Vuelta... to help someone else. If RS don't have a decent Tour they'll take the best bodies to the Vuelta to save face, rather then just Lance's friends.

But no chance at the Tour. Too many other guys have promises.
Does Machado have any history in grand tours?
 
Jul 13, 2009
425
0
0
kurtinsc said:
Maybe Vuelta... to help someone else. If RS don't have a decent Tour they'll take the best bodies to the Vuelta to save face, rather then just Lance's friends.

But no chance at the Tour. Too many other guys have promises.
Michel Wuyts specifically mentioned that Machado was hired to assist Armstrong in the mountains during the Tour.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
bianchigirl said:
Yet again Sky competitive over a short distance - just all falls apart over 80 kms ;)
cool, a girl anti sky person.

i think you maybe forgetting Henderson, Flecha, Hagen this year. :rolleyes:
 
Mar 10, 2010
43
0
0
Vino's comeback with a 14. place finish in 3.stage and 25.place overall really made me very happy . I hope ASO let him participate in TdF. He would add more excitement to the Tour.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gigs_98 Professional Road Racing 140

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS