• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium International - St 2&3: Porto Vecchio 75km, 7.7km ITT

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thought I would fuse the two threads...Who will win the bunch sprint as their aren't any sprinters here. possibly one of the smaller teams.

The best sprinters that are here would be Vino, Duque, Gerrans, Evans and Sanchez.
PROFIL.gif

The last km is all slighlty uphill so I will tip gerrans. Sanchez and Evans may go for a time bonus.

PROFIL.gif

The tt profile...The latter half of the course is flat and straight so that is where Evans and Rogers should eat some time up.

CARTE.gif

Who will win?

75km already started. There are 6 leaders - Fofonov, Martinez, Veikannen, Dupond and two riders from the minor french teams - Dion and Ramirez. They have a gap of 45 seconds.

The letour ticker says that Contador has started and wants to do his best in the ITT.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
75km already started. There are 6 leaders - Fofonov, Martinez, Veikannen, Dupond and two riders from the minor french teams - Dion and Ramirez. They have a gap of 45 seconds.

The letour ticker says that Contador has started and wants to do his best in the ITT.

I'll bet he will win after his "illness"

Briton Russel Downing (Team Sky) outsprints the bunch to win the 75-kms second stage ahead of Swiss Michael Albasini (Columbia) and race leader Pierrick Fedrigo (BBox)

- Russel Downing!!! Incredible. Good news. Nice chap.

Fedrigo comes third. Looking back at the first stage, Sanchez was awarded four seconds over Evans for coming third, so i guess that means Fedrigo stretches his lead by four seconds to 25 seconds over Sanchez and 29 seconds over Evans, Rogers, Horner? Still dont think its enough though.

Looking quickly through the results it looks as if all the main GC contenders finished in the main group, ie Rogers, Evans, Machado, Sanchez, Horner, Millar. Contador, Armstrong, Vino all finished there too, along with Ben Hermans - be interesting to see what he can do in the TT.

EDIT: First rider off in the TT is due at 1340 CEST with the last one rolling down the ramp at 1540. The actual start time might depend on how many people decide against taking part in the tt.

Re, my earlier post about Fedrigo - The letour site is saying that Fedrigo has extended his lead by 4 seconds.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Russell Downing for the Virtual Director Sportif points, I'm now 322 out of 445 and in danger of losing sponsors.:cool:

Contador needs to prove today that he can win a Time Trial on a Specialized bike. Castilla y Leon is more than two weeks off, so if he can breathe, there's no reason to hold back.

TRENDING THREADS