• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Crowd sourced cycling company?

KitSource

BANNED
Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I am posting here as the owner of the first crowdsourced cycling clothing company because I want to hear your opinions on what we are doing to put real cyclists in the drivers seat of cycling style. Due to a lack of affordable, unique, and fashionable cycling kits we created KitSource, a crowd sourced cycling clothing company, to bring the benefits of scalable production and design diversification found in the fashion industry to cycling. We want to fill the void between high priced boutique kits and team wear so everyone from commuters to racers can wear high quality uniquely designed kits and look great while saving money. KitSource works by soliciting designs from around the world, showcasing the designs and gathering bids, then when enough backers support a design we manufacture (through Hincapie) and deliver the kit to your door. Designers are allowed full creative flexibility and we have even partnered with Pedros, Cane Creek, and Wahoo Fitness to allow the use of logos if the designer chooses to make a branded kit. Once a design hits our manufacturing minimum designers get a cut of every kit sold regardless of the quantity so there is a floor but no ceiling to what a designer gets paid. Also, when coming up with KitSource we started with two goals; to design amazing kit’s that push the bounds of cycling style and also to fund youth cycling in the US. Two of the three founders of KitSource started racing as juniors and designed the company with the plan to give 5% of all profits starting day 1 to junior and U23 cycling programs. I am posing this here to hear your thoughts on this company so we can continue to make it better. If you want to know more and see the awesome kit’s we have up now check us out at http://www.kit-source.com .

KitSource said:
I am posting here as the owner of the first crowdsourced cycling clothing company because I want to hear your opinions on what we are doing to put real cyclists in the drivers seat of cycling style. Due to a lack of affordable, unique, and fashionable cycling kits we created KitSource, a crowd sourced cycling clothing company, to bring the benefits of scalable production and design diversification found in the fashion industry to cycling. We want to fill the void between high priced boutique kits and team wear so everyone from commuters to racers can wear high quality uniquely designed kits and look great while saving money. KitSource works by soliciting designs from around the world, showcasing the designs and gathering bids, then when enough backers support a design we manufacture (through Hincapie) and deliver the kit to your door. Designers are allowed full creative flexibility and we have even partnered with Pedros, Cane Creek, and Wahoo Fitness to allow the use of logos if the designer chooses to make a branded kit. Once a design hits our manufacturing minimum designers get a cut of every kit sold regardless of the quantity so there is a floor but no ceiling to what a designer gets paid. Also, when coming up with KitSource we started with two goals; to design amazing kit’s that push the bounds of cycling style and also to fund youth cycling in the US. Two of the three founders of KitSource started racing as juniors and designed the company with the plan to give 5% of all profits starting day 1 to junior and U23 cycling programs. I am posing this here to hear your thoughts on this company so we can continue to make it better. If you want to know more and see the awesome kit’s we have up now check us out at http://www.kit-source.com .

Ahh, great idea until...then no thanks. Why anybody would want to put MORE money into this guy's pockets, is beyond me. Being a nice guy and coming clean doesn't change the fact that he was a LONG TERM cheater and liar just like his boss(would you use Armstrong clotning??).

IMHO, you will lose biz just because of this.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
KitSource said:

Buy an ad.

TRENDING THREADS