• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuddles Great Ocean Road Race

Is the last climb in the women's race the same last climb/ distance in the men's race?

Apparently a crash 14km in split the pack, but in the men's race there is quite a bit of depth in terms of the riders quality, so hopefully it's not just WT teams dominating.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sadly can't get down to watch this, especially when the Victorian transport authorities have decided to do renovations to the tracks from Melbourne to Geelong today.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Is the last climb in the women's race the same last climb/ distance in the men's race?

Yes, the women finished with the second half of the circuit, that the men rider 3 full laps of, so they will climb that last climb 4 times.

Oops just noticed the first post had the same url twice rather than the second one being to the event twitter.

auscyclefan94 said:
Geo-restricted - but try cyclingfans.com for other feeds

Ah, of course--they claim on their website that "you can also watch the race wherever you are using your mobile device or computer on our live stream page" but I guess that means only in Australia.

Unfortunately, cyclingfans has nothing that I can see.

Jancouver said:
Crash, crash and another crash .... ouch

Indeed, conditions are treacherous at the moment..

Let's hope this Aussie race meets your expectations of what racing should be. . We all know your views on the tdu! Anyway good to see your watching!

In my view ever since cannondale/garmin smashed it it has been a cracker!

TRENDING THREADS