• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Lots of great threads here in the Café. But, what are your favorite foods? We all have to eat at some point, right?

Aside from all the mandatory Italian style pasta dishes that us cyclists eat unconsciously, I eat a lot of Asian foods. Thai green curry with mock duck, Tibetan beef dumplings (momo), spring and egg rolls galore. Vietnamese and Korean BBQ is also very good.

Have to mention Mexican and South American as well, of which there isn't much I won't eat. Flautas, chimichangas, chili rollenos, enchiladas, burritos, tacos, chips & salsa, tons of tamales and arepas. The end-all-be-all being the famous Cuban sandwich! But you have to eat it in Cuba in the back of a '51 Buick, just isn't the same otherwise.

Mediterranean; gyros, hummus, tabbouleh, baba ganoush, spinach pie.

This time of year I'll be hunting pheasant to stock up for the winter. The only animal that I actively hunt and eat. I make pheasant dishes that would bring Jacques Anquetil back to life.:D

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I love all seafood lobster, scallops, clams, oysters, conch, crab, shrimps- If you ever come to jamaica there's a town called middle quaters it is the best place to get shrimp in jamaica it is ridiculously good. I also like the occasional hamburger, I like mexican food, but as the previous poster said wine and tapas great combination. I do like Jamaican food, It takes time to get used to but it's delicious.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
Anything that used to be part of a pig

+1

I grew up on BBQ'd pork shoulder with a vinegar and red pepper sauce, but I will eat it just about any way it is cooked. In fact, as we speak, I have a 4.7lb Boston **** in the oven that I put salt and pepper on, seared on all sides, then added thyme, rosemary, garlic, and orange slices, covered, and put in the oven on 324 for a total of 4.5 hours. With that, we will be eating smoked brie mashed potatoes, french cut green beans with garlic and peppers, and fresh sourdough bread.

I like food.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
+1

I grew up on BBQ'd pork shoulder with a vinegar and red pepper sauce, but I will eat it just about any way it is cooked. In fact, as we speak, I have a 4.7lb Boston **** in the oven that I put salt and pepper on, seared on all sides, then added thyme, rosemary, garlic, and orange slices, covered, and put in the oven on 324 for a total of 4.5 hours. With that, we will be eating smoked brie mashed potatoes, french cut green beans with garlic and peppers, and fresh sourdough bread.

I like food.

Sorry computer shorting out from my drooling

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
+1

I like food.

Oh yeah, lover the pork shoulder. I usual get a big one, 15 pounds. Cover it with this stuff http://www.buttrub.com/ put it on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour white wine in the bottom of the roasting pan with a bunch of aromatics. Roast for 12 hours at 225. Serve with a bottle of Bourbon

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
My favourite type of food is hands down Mexican. I also love seafood and will try almost anything(but I am not Andrew Zimmern).

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I eat largely Taiwanese and Chinese food nowadays. My wife is a Taiwanese chef who comes from a cooking family (she herself was trained to degree level in her country) and she cooks the most stunning authentic eastern food.

Anyone living in the UK that has been to the East, whether it's China, Korean, Japan, Taiwan etc. will know the eastern food in this country is nothing like the real thing.

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
good

Ed Hardy Clothing Shoes and Accessories On Sale,Official Ed Hardy Store for all Clothing and Gear,ed hardy swimwear,ed hardy Shoes.
ed hardy
ed hardy shoes
ed hardy
ed hardy clothes
Gucci handbags
Find a great range of Ed Hardy products. Ed Hardy Women's Ellerise Lowrise Sneaker · Ed Hardy Women's
ugg boot, cheap ugg boots, ugg cardy, cheap ugg cardy boots,ugg boots uk are popular,we sell real ugg boots and other related boots
UGG boots
UGGs
cheap UGG

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Peanut Butter & Co that is sponsoring a pro women's team the same one that is on Sullivan@Bleeker in NYC?

Xyang u r a tool.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Favourite food of all time: ice cream!

I am also partial to a white chocolate cranberry tart at one of the local restaurants, and bread and butter puddings. Yeah, I have a sweet tooth!

For main meals, it depends on where I am living. I get a hankering for lamb of any sort when in North America, especially the States but also Canada. Doesn't matter what kind of lamb (rack, roast, chops, shanks), just as long as comes with mint jelly and mashed potato.

Other favourites include seafood, sushi (especially in Japan), the Italian-Asian blend that Australians are very good at cooking, Mexican, tagines, and pizza (especially the prosciutto, fig and brie pizza from the Secret Stash in Crested Butte).

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Favourite food of all time: ice cream!

I am also partial to a white chocolate cranberry tart at one of the local restaurants, and bread and butter puddings. Yeah, I have a sweet tooth!

For main meals, it depends on where I am living. I get a hankering for lamb of any sort when in North America, especially the States but also Canada. Doesn't matter what kind of lamb (rack, roast, chops, shanks), just as long as comes with mint jelly and mashed potato.

Other favourites include seafood, sushi (especially in Japan), the Italian-Asian blend that Australians are very good at cooking, Mexican, tagines, and pizza (especially the prosciutto, fig and brie pizza from the Secret Stash in Crested Butte).

Eating kangaroo for breakfast lunch and tea on Aus Day!:D

i made a great 10 bean soup the other day. i also tossed a bunch of different
vegetables. no meat in this one, just a little olive oil. with some good bread and
wine/beer you are set. recipes are just the starting point, as i never follow them
as stated. food is one of life's pleasures for sure.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I'm cooking tonight:

Grilled chicken kabobs marinated in spicy peanut butter marinade, served with sticky rice. Cucumber salad.

Roast chicken with asparagus, peppers and cherry tomatoes.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Roast chicken with asparagus, peppers and cherry tomatoes.

Interesting... That's on my menu for Wednesday. Are you roasting those (green?) asparagus (less healthy, but very tasty!)?

That's only days after the roast leg of lamb (boneless), with a brown sauce of meat trimmings, stock, carrots and onions that's been cooking for 4 hours, glazed carrots and garlic-mashed potatoes...

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Steampunk said:
No love for Cajun food yet? I make a mean jambalaya and gumbo.

Sort of a neighbor on the palate...I love anything with Chipotle.

had a guest over for dinner on Sunday and made a risotto and added wild rice and split peas to it. Bacon (not enough for 2 cups of rice) I should have used 8 - 10 slices, I only used 4 and it was kinda lost. Also used some of the bacon fat.

Some lemon, liquid smoke and chipotle. I have discovered that honey pairs amazingly well with chipotle, especially if it is a particularly piquant variety of chipotle. The honey will tone the hot down. Lemon and honey also pair nicely.

salt to taste, use chicken, beef or pork broth as your liquid and then heavy cream.

shred asiago cheese liberally over the top.

It will blow you away.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Ever tried to 'fry' the bread for a BLT-sandwich in the remaining bacon fat? If you like bacon, you'll love it.

It should only be a winter-break vice though ;)

the rice was a MAJOR cheat for me (special dinner for a friend). I am trying to do as much as possible to eliminate starches. Part of the ginzo heritage. Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereal, more bread and more pasta. It just accumulates around my middle like the michelin man.

Fruits, meats (leaner the better), fat is OK. TONS of eggs and cheese.