• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling Commentators/Experts Frustations

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming a thread about this might already exist, if so let's make this the new one and share the frustration of the journalists and commentators their expertise.

Johan Museeuw "JVDB2 will podium the tour this year" :eek:

Commentators on the dutch eurosport are the worst i've ever heard. Arrogant *** and don't know anything of cycling.

NOS-people are also pretty bad, the only decent one was Boogerd but i bet he won't be on there again :rolleyes:

And no poll...

Miburo said:
I'm assuming a thread about this might already exist, if so let's make this the new one and share the frustration of the journalists and commentators their expertise.

Commentators on the dutch eurosport are the worst i've ever heard. Arrogant *** and don't know anything of cycling.

NOS-people are also pretty bad, the only decent one was Boogerd but i bet he won't be on there again :rolleyes:

And no poll...

Yea Michael is nice.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So he is predicting that about 10 gc riders crash out.

ANyway that is nothing compared to the notorious mindblowing stupidity of people like anthony tan and brendan gallackar.

Share some quotes, should be good for a lol

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah because it's such a dumb thing to say someone who got fourth in the Tour can podium.

Really now? From all the stupid things you could chose that's how you start of your thread?

Miburo said:

And no poll...
I had hoped the NOS would stop broadcasting cycling in the aftermath of the Armstrong story... but alas, it seems they haven't. Curious to see what will happen to Boogie though.

The Hitch said:
So he is predicting that about 10 gc riders crash out.

ANyway that is nothing compared to the notorious mindblowing stupidity of people like anthony tan and brendan gallackar.
Anthony Tan? Is he the Aussie with the amazingly annoying voice and ditto writing style?

Miburo said:
Share some quotes, should be good for a lol

Anthony Tan is so sickening people on this forum generally slam anyone who even brings him up. And i apologize in advance.

He presents ozzie tdf coverage with some other bonehead

I remember 1 comment was that Cadel Evans would comfortably put 4 minutes into Samuel Sanchez in the 2011 tt. I mean natiohnal cycling expert, you cant make this stuff up.

glackar is wiggins ghost writer (well 1 of them) . Lots of the stupdity he comes up with is clinic (eg the only reason British riders werent winning the Tour de France in the 90's and 2000's was because British riders dont take drugs like everyone else).

But since this the road section, his rabobank folding article was memorable. He wrote that they won x ammount of tdf stages " the last of which came when Luis Leon Sanchez won into Saint-Flour in 2011". - apologies if you banged your head against your desk like i did.

He also said before the Vuelta that Froome has to win the Vuelta in order to have any claim at leading the Tour in 2013.
So in other words beat Froome when he is under orders not beat you>>>>> beat Contador on a mountain fest, while off form because you just spend your season peak domestiquing for someone at the Tour :rolleyes::rolleyes::

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yeah because it's such a dumb thing to say someone who got fourth in the Tour can podium.

Really now? From all the stupid things you could chose that's how you start of your thread?

Evans off-form, no contador, no schleck. Sanchez, hesjedal, gesink eliminated from the race.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Evans off-form, no contador, no schleck. Sanchez, hesjedal, gesink eliminated from the race.
Was 5th(/4th) in the 2010 tour too.

But to stay on topic: In general I'm rather pleased with the Sporza commentators. They tend to be a bit too patriotic sometimes, but I guess most of the Belgian viewers prefer to hear about the Belgian riders.

When there's no Sporza coverage (which luckily is almost never) for races I want to see, I sometimes watch Dutch Eurosport. I can honestly say I was shocked the first time I listened to those noobs. (tbh: last time I watched, it was rather good though...)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Was 5th(/4th) in the 2010 tour too.

But to stay on topic: In general I'm rather pleased with the Sporza commentators. They tend to be a bit too patriotic sometimes, but I guess most of the Belgian viewers prefer to hear about the Belgian riders.

When there's no Sporza coverage (which luckily is almost never) for races I want to see, I sometimes watch Dutch Eurosport. I can honestly say I was shocked the first time I listened to those noobs. (tbh: last time I watched, it was rather good though...)

The Eurosport NL/VL commentators aren't that bad. They know quite a lot, but their problem is they're boring as hell most of the time.

TRENDING THREADS