• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling News Forum Cage Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Gang. I can't help but notice that in a lot of threads lately there are pages and pages of people having personal arguments, talking about other posters behind their backs, etc. Unfortunately, other people keep interrupting with posts that are back on topic:cool:

I thought that it might be good to have a place where people can "take it outside". One one one. Argue until you run out of breath, or cross a line and get smote by a moderator. (Or maybe this could be located in International Waters) No piling on by other people - if you're not in a match, you can't play. And once you bring it here, it doesn't spill back out into other threads.

The Armstrong thread actually did work in cleaning up a lot of other threads. I'm not sure how serious I am about this one, but a guy does have to wade through a lot of name calling and personal attacks to follow a conversation these days.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
We should've had this when I first started posting last fall. I know TFF and I went on some kind of probation, HJ didn't you get in trouble as well? I got put on probation with python as well.

Funny how things calmed down and we find way more common ground. The smarta$$ in us does not discriminate. :D

I'm game for this. No mods, maybe give a special password so only the participants can post, to keep passerby's from getting blasted and result in bad press for CN?

Well so far this thread has been a huge embarassing failure. so I'm gonna try to jump start it. Having just read the latest posts in the Cancellara thread in the Clinic especially the efforts of the new kid, Crackhammer, I'd like to pose a question. Does everybody in Texas live in some sort of parallel universe where they see only what they want to see and hear only what they want to hear?
So, lets hear some discussion, and remember this is the Cage Match thread, so keep it dirty.:D

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
3741760700_2ca16e1d42.jpg

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Well so far this thread has been a huge embarassing failure. so I'm gonna try to jump start it. Having just read the latest posts in the Cancellara thread in the Clinic especially the efforts of the new kid, Crackhammer, I'd like to pose a question. Does everybody in Texas live in some sort of parallel universe where they see only what they want to see and hear only what they want to hear?
So, lets hear some discussion, and remember this is the Cage Match thread, so keep it dirty.:D

arnold is your governor.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Where's that bikecentric loser?

C'mon out and man up you pretender.

I need some expert advice on fitting trainer wheels to my kids bike- maybe you can help... though it could be beyond you.

You probably think they're a good idea right?

tosser

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS