• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Indeed. My DVR has already found and set to record Saturday and Sunday stages :)
It should also be on Peacock, I haven't checked though.
I've been watching la Vuelta on Peacock premium so far, it's not bad at all for $4.99/month. I'm not sure who is commentating because my sound is usually off first thing in the morning, but with no ads and some other sports to watch Peacock's 5 bucks a month is worth it.

I've been watching la Vuelta on Peacock premium so far, it's not bad at all for $4.99/month. I'm not sure who is commentating because my sound is usually off first thing in the morning, but with no ads and some other sports to watch Peacock's 5 bucks a month is worth it.

I have peacock also. I watch it during the commercials on tv. I can't Stand the commentators though so it's muted and the stream is always .3-.5km behind!

I have peacock also. I watch it during the commercials on tv. I can't Stand the commentators though so it's muted and the stream is always .3-.5km behind!
Who are the commentators on Peacock, do you know?

I like that I can cancel Peacock at any time, I think they were showing some XC skiing last winter, which is why I got it in the first place. I hope NBC can stick to whatever it is they are doing for a change, I hate having to look for the best and reliable deals every year.

I like that I can cancel Peacock at any time, I think they were showing some XC skiing last winter, which is why I got it in the first place. I hope NBC can stick to whatever it is they are doing for a change, I hate having to look for the best and reliable deals every year.

I think the Peacock commentators are from the international feed, Ant McCrossan and Hannah Walker.

Walker is such a homer. I’m used to it with the American guys, but at least they play up everyone- kind of like Carlton Kirby. She pissed me off last year at La Vuelta when she was going on and on about how Ineos were not protecting Froome adequately when he was getting dropped on the first stage as though she had ignored all the signs about just how bad he had ridden since his accident, and couldn’t believe they were riding for Carapaz. Of course there is no Froome this year, so it’s all about Ineos and Michael Matthews. She spent 5 minutes worrying about where Bernal was today when he was right there in the main contenders group.

I don’t want to bash her because it is cool to have a woman calling the men’s race, but she’s awful.

McCrossin is OK when he’s with Gerrans. I really miss Keenan and McEwan doing the international feed for the grand tours. Rolle is improving as the lead, but you can tell he was kind of thrust into the lead role. The Vuelta is where I really miss Sherwin. He had stepped in for Phil the last few years before he passed and I won’t ever forget his calling Contador’s last win at the Angliru.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Walker is such a homer. I’m used to it with the American guys, but at least they play up everyone- kind of like Carlton Kirby. She pissed me off last year at La Vuelta when she was going on and on about how Ineos were not protecting Froome adequately when he was getting dropped on the first stage as though she had ignored all the signs about just how bad he had ridden since his accident, and couldn’t believe they were riding for Carapaz. Of course there is no Froome this year, so it’s all about Ineos and Michael Matthews. She spent 5 minutes worrying about where Bernal was today when he was right there in the main contenders group.

I don’t want to bash her because it is cool to have a woman calling the men’s race, but she’s awful.

McCrossin is OK when he’s with Gerrans. I really miss Keenan and McEwan doing the international feed for the grand tours. Rolle is improving as the lead, but you can tell he was kind of thrust into the lead role. The Vuelta is where I really miss Sherwin. He had stepped in for Phil the last few years before he passed and I won’t ever forget his calling Contador’s last win at the Angliru.
I usually don't have the sound on till the very last few kms, the little I've heard of Walker she sounds very low-energy and boring. McCrossin has a good voice for commentating, I think.

Reactions: perico

Yeah I'm only paying for the one month. Its sure beats yearly subscriptions!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Does anyone know where we can see the Worlds here? Nothing on NBCSN or Peacock that I can find.
GCN not showing in US so someone else has the license.

EDIT: Flobikes has the license :( I'm not shelling out $150 to them again. I guess it'll be Tiz for me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone know where we can see the Worlds here? Nothing on NBCSN or Peacock that I can find.
GCN not showing in US so someone else has the license.

EDIT: Flobikes has the license :( I'm not shelling out $150 to them again. I guess it'll be Tiz for me.
Yup. I have really enjoyed GCN+, and I've had the NBC sub for years to watch TDF and other races, but can't do Flo as well--seems pretty high.

Reactions: Carols
I have read all this and pretty much agree with the good and the bad. And take in context that there are not lots of good alternatives and nothing is cheap. My friends grandmother subscribes to cable TV to get the Westminster dog show each year and cancels immediately after. This year I have been watching lots more racing from a streaming app that I had installed on my Amazon Fire stick..Kodi had availability of Euro channels and other things..not everyone's cup of tea I know..but after skipping fanatic attention for years I watched all available Olympic cycling events,Spring classics,Giro,TDF,Veulta,Tour of Brittian and now Luxemburg..which I am loving

Reactions: Carols and Sciatic
GCN has their 2022 USA streaming schedule up at
United States of America – GCN (globalcyclingnetwork.com)

RCS races and many more, but not enough. I guess NBC still holds the rights to all the ASO races. Heavens knows what they will do :(.

EDIT: GCN list wasn't especially reliable last year.

I use GCN a lot, and it has gotten better in most respects. Their iOS app is fiddly though, and I have to exit it and restart it if I am switching from one race to another. Seems to want to stick to the original choice (like sticking with the women's race when I now want to watch the men's race).

I have a problem with Peacock and is that they don't show past races. This makes me mad since I watch a lot of the past races (>1 yaer). I have been a subscriber for years and I enjoy watching past races. Now they told me that only recent races and that's it. So pretty much I have to go to Tiz (not always reliable) or find it in YouTube in questionable definition. The think with Peacock is that you get a lot for what you pay. But at the same time I am only interested in Cycling, not the movies and other shows. I already have Netflix, Disney and others (my family is draining dry). They should release the rights to channels with sports focus or cycling only focus.