• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Danilo Di Luca???

Im also afraid its over, I asked him on twitter about his situation but he hasnt been online there since 9 march (or didnt tweet since then). I really really hope we will see him in the Giro though. But as he isnt listed for Trentino the chance is very small and if he isnt riding the Giro then I think he certainly wont be riding for Vini Fantini anymore.

Ruudz0r said:
Im also afraid its over, I asked him on twitter about his situation but he hasnt been online there since 9 march (or didnt tweet since then). I really really hope we will see him in the Giro though. But as he isnt listed for Trentino the chance is very small and if he isnt riding the Giro then I think he certainly wont be riding for Vini Fantini anymore.

that's not his twitter lol. he even asked to be close

"his" tweets are the most *** kind of tweets by the way

Danilo Di Luca ‏@OfficialDi_Luca 27 Apr
@millarmind ciao millar how are you?

just watched an abruzzo cycling show. they said they called danilo di luca but he said he can't comment about the transfer:rolleyes: and 4 more days until trentino, last chance for him for il giro...but more important would be to ride the worlds at firenze. there it's a real chance for him
hopefully we'll find more this weekend,it will be crucial...

jens_attacks said:
that's not his twitter lol. he even asked to be close

"his" tweets are the most *** kind of tweets by the way

Danilo Di Luca ‏@OfficialDi_Luca 27 Apr
@millarmind ciao millar how are you?

just watched an abruzzo cycling show. they said they called danilo di luca but he said he can't comment about the transfer:rolleyes: and 4 more days until trentino, last chance for him for il giro...but more important would be to ride the worlds at firenze. there it's a real chance for him
hopefully we'll find more this weekend,it will be crucial...

Oh :eek: his English is kinda the same as Di Luca's though :p

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
On an italian forum some guy said that even if he has a big sponsor backing up, RCS and some other organizers wouldnt allow him to ride nor Giro nor some other main events.
Plus Scinto is not really a far of him.
It could well be true.

Michele said:
On an italian forum some guy said that even if he has a big sponsor backing up, RCS and some other organizers wouldnt allow him to ride nor Giro nor some other main events.
Plus Scinto is not really a far of him.
It could well be true.

well maybe that's why they waited for so long. RCS already said the names of the 23 squads invited so they can't harm vini fantini now.

hilarious though that blacklisting still goes on.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well maybe that's why they waited for so long. RCS already said the names of the 23 squads invited so they can't harm vini fantini now.

hilarious though that blacklisting still goes on.

RCS is entirely within their rights to refuse Di Luca the start in any race it organises. He rides for a team that is invited to ride, rather than being there as of right. As such they can dictate terms to Fantini. After all Di Luca shat on their race from a huge height in 2009 as well as the issues over his 2007 "win".

It is no different to inviting someone to your house for dinner, on the condition they don't bring their mate along because they were caught shagging your wife last time.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
manafana said:
glad see back of him did the sport no favours, and didnt have half the talent once he had go non clinic.

Had his fun in the sun.

For someone that doped, he really had to give it everything at the Giro on the mountain stages. He would push himself so hard that his face would get pale, stretched, and skeloton like. It was like a 180 from how the crap at the TDF were riders would jump off their bike and look like they just finished a short 25 mile club ride.

to me this whole situation seems extraordinary strange.
or he comes back as a giro contender and will explode sky on the climbs in may or he won't come back at all

but c'mon even lance used to have more race days in the legs than danilo. again the most important thing must be for him the worlds. the giro is just stupid fantasy for stupid fans:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk9XNTjo5J8

I just remembered Di Luca while watching this video. It was all great until I saw they hide the name of Ricco from the Tre Cime's winners. Bunch of idiots, they should accept the past of the race instead of trying to hide it like this, insulting the memory of the fans.
Someone please let Di Luca back, I'm tired of this: some dopers are evil some are just guys that made mistakes. They're all the same, bring him back.

jens_attacks said:
to me this whole situation seems extraordinary strange.
or he comes back as a giro contender and will explode sky on the climbs in may or he won't come back at all

but c'mon even lance used to have more race days in the legs than danilo. again the most important thing must be for him the worlds. the giro is just stupid fantasy for stupid fans:)

Danilo doesnt need many race days to be good. He was good last year right from the start aswell. If he wouldnt have crashed in the stage to Prato Di Tivo he might have even won his first real test last year.

His motivation is a big factor though, dont know how well he has been training especially if he thought he was not going to ride the Giro anymore.

But I hope Michele his rumor is true and Di Luca has known this for a while. But if he is riding the Giro and he knows it its still strange he aint riding any races, so Im not getting my hopes up yet.