• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dauphine Libere - Prologue - 6th June

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
So Eurosport decided it was a good idea to go from Conta getting the yellow jersey straight to Planet Armstrong coverage of TdLux. LA looks massive and old and slow after having just seen Conta power through the prologue course in the Dauphine.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought Contador would get it but well done Geraint Thomas. This guy has so much potential.

He's unstoppable on the track but this is a step up against far better riders so well done to him.

ttrider

BANNED
Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow! ACs not on form either he really is ultra fast at the moment Van Gaerderen is a decent climber to i seem to remember from volta au algarve etc so he looks like he could be promising here as well as Brajkovic but AC is just a class above and so i think unless he really backs off he will win

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure that it's meant to be a cocky gesture. It may be something that he did at one time, for somebody, and it stuck. It became something more after a certain someone started to publicly mock him.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
midwest_roadie said:
Ugh, how much longer will Contador continue to do that 'pistolero' salute? I'm so sick of that cocky gesture. Jeez.

Well if someone would just beat him, then your disgust with a meaningless gesture will be alleviated.

Maybe he could just stop short of the finish line in the future so that he won't win. Would you fell better then?

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
EBH comments to Norwegian media for anyone interested:
- It was an OK workout. I pushed a little bit, but not maximum. I gave it what I felt comfortable with. My goal is to finish the race and no more than that. I did not feel the Achilles injury, but I'm not taking any chances.

Latest posts