• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dauphine Libere Stage 5

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Criterium du dauphine libere stage 5 serre chavlier - grenoble.

Who will win?

PROFIL.gif

Seems like tdf boring stage.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
They should just end the stage at 112.5km to go.....now that would be a good finish....if Sanchez is still in front at the top of final climb,he will desend to the win..

Sanchez is the bookies pick. Don't see him risking anything on the descent though.

I'm feeling Pierre Rolland

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm feeling a break will take this. But it seems like a boring stage. As it's mostly descending to the finish, whoever has close to a minute at the top won't be caught.

One of the BBox riders will attempt it. That's a given.

Site of Lance's TT victory in 2001 after the Alpe d'Huez stage, if I am not mistaken, but they, of course, did the uphill TT in reverse from tomorrow's finish. Should be a boring stage. I don't see the TdF contenders willing to risk anything. I'd guess the contenders will come in a pack of about 25-30.

I hope I am wrong and it's a spectacular stage, but I doubt it.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I actually enjoy the downhill finishes, especially if it is in a small group or a lone rider going for the victory. I love descending, and watching great descending. You can't say Nibali's stage win at the Giro to be boring can you?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I actually enjoy the downhill finishes, especially if it is in a small group or a lone rider going for the victory. I love descending, and watching great descending. You can't say Nibali's stage win at the Giro to be boring can you?

nibali's win was partly down to how bad basso, evans and scarponi were on the descent.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
break might get it unless the big boys decide to wind it up on the last climb. with no flat after the climb it'll be difficult to get back on if you lose more than a minute on the climb.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Thee_chisa said:
break might get it unless the big boys decide to wind it up on the last climb. with no flat after the climb it'll be difficult to get back on if you lose more than a minute on the climb.

Yep. It favours the break. Brajkovic won't want to do work today ahead of tomorrow's stage. He would like it easy!

Looking down yesterday's finishers to see who may have been holding something back for the break today i guess it's people like Moinard, Moreau, Rohregger, Augustyn. Tankink for the polka-dot jersey, maybe even Sanchez has enough time to get into the break.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
The Barb said:
Totally agree. Very strongly backed in betting markets too.

Yep, $12 - in the top 5 betting market for the stage. Was tempted to have a nibble but will wait for in-play once the race has been established.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Reminds me of a Cyril Dessel finish...................on the rare occasion he actually turns up to race.
Similar to his last TDF stage win and a stage he took in Catalunya, two or three years ago.

Could be another Touresque snoozefest.

Have you ever considered designing route's for stage races for a living?

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
13:55 Peloton at 3.15
On the sprint line at Le Bourg-d’Oisans, the peloton is 3.15 behind the seven breakaway riders (Tankink, Bole, Capecchi, Pinot, Champion, Pasamontes and Martinez).

TRENDING THREADS