• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dave Millar - anti doping hero

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Benotti69 said:
The Hitch said:
No mention of his doping of course in the overview.

Didn't know he was part owner of Garmin though. Thought he and jv had a spat

I think JV did a deal with Millar, which Millar stake in slipstream was based on Millar's debt. Not sure how it worked out, but Millar's stake got less and less.....

Yes I would like more details on this.

I dont have Millar's book, there should be stuff in that about it, i say should, but Millar is very economical with the truth when it paints him badly...........

I tried searching for the article i read it in, it may have been JV talking to Kimmage.

Dear Wiggo said:
Benotti69 said:
The Hitch said:
No mention of his doping of course in the overview.

Didn't know he was part owner of Garmin though. Thought he and jv had a spat

I think JV did a deal with Millar, which Millar stake in slipstream was based on Millar's debt. Not sure how it worked out, but Millar's stake got less and less.....

Yes I would like more details on this.

I'm not sure how it came about but Millar helped JV get the team off the ground and even got some of his friends a ride on the initial squad in '07.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
2000 TdF stage to morzine. pantani attacks with 120 km to go or something on saisies
armstrong has only hamilton and livingston around.
dave millar comes to rescue lance and chases like crazy pantani
haha

what a hero.

Not sure what this means? So he's working for one doper to chase another doper while doping in a field of dopers- why does this matter? He's certinly no hero to me but i'm not sure what this stage has to do with it?

dwyatt said:
jens_attacks said:
2000 TdF stage to morzine. pantani attacks with 120 km to go or something on saisies
haha

what a hero.

Not sure what this means? So he's working for one doper to chase another doper while doping in a field of dopers- why does this matter? He's certinly no hero to me but i'm not sure what this stage has to do with it?

the guy who loves to be around the best guy.
i hate that type of guy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
the guy who loves to be around the best guy.
i hate that type of guy.

this,

if those Xtra Normal clips about Lance, Michelob, Levi (stfu Levi), Schumi, and Horner (weak willed Horner), well atleast Horner was weak of will. Millartime just sublimates the self for the sloppy seconds around LAnce's clique. nice.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
this is good

"David Millar, just one more *** in the arse cheek of cycling"......

http://www.crankpunk.com/blogs/crankpunk/item/751-david-millar-just-one-more-***-in-the-arse-cheek-of-cycling.html

Re:

jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

Millar won that prologue in 2000 and wore yellow for 3 days
maybe UsPostal helped Cofidis during those early stages and Cofidis did help when UsPostal needed help
you know, things that happen in races

I don't know if that's the case, but I try to think about the race, not as biased fans

pastronef said:
jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

maybe UsPostal helped Cofidis during those early stages and Cofidis did help when UsPostal needed help

I don't know if that's the case, but I try to think about the race, not as biased fans

uhmmm...no.
that's just the type of guy dave millar is.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
pastronef said:
jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

uhmmm...no.
I think i must agree on that, and, furtherback, I think it is fair to say Nicole Cook doesnt sell cookies there.

Everytime I see the Family Millar I again know how hypocrites look like.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Everytime I see the Family Millar I again know how hypocrites look like.

Agreed. Fran Millar in an interview (i posted the link earlier in this thread iirc) she said knew her brother was doping, because everyone did. Bet she feels the same about the pros now. Will she be Sky's McIlvain....... :rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Lance Armstrong had Fran Millar's number in 2005

CLWAoUDUAAAyKVH.png:large

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
Lance Armstrong had Fran Millar's number in 2005

CLWAoUDUAAAyKVH.png:large
Fran and David are everyone's *** in cycling, not real news. They give themselves to the highest bidder, no boundaries. The warlord of anti - doping, JV, thought he was worth the investment, and, he was, she was as well, now she is giving David Brailsford, magical gains.

http://www.teamsky.com/teamsky/staff/article/17368#w7TCoVCSkOAAKxmG.97
fantastic punctuation on Fran and gollum Merckx. I really can appreciate such grammar.

edit: thanks Fearless Greg Lemond not Merckx, i was not reading the quotation correctly. not the first time, wont be the last time

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

jens_attacks said:
pastronef said:
jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

uhmmm...no.

USPostal help Cofidis? do you know your history?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

blackcat said:
fantastic punctuation on Fran and gollum Merckx. I really can appreciate such grammar of fellatio.
You understand I put that in just for you dont ya?

[I could not ignore her head of winning, sorry, I was being a puber again ;), sorry Fran, I know you read here sometimes}

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

glenmalure said:
SirLes said:
I thought he looked like Rupert Everett. Sorry, can't do images!
Ha...you're dead right....flippin uncanny

Rupert Everitt not the media baron but the gay actor who plays alot of straight guys with attractive ladies to squire, so that is where the comparison with Millar would end.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

blackcat said:
fantastic punctuation on Fran and gollum Merckx. I really can appreciate such grammar of fellatio.
You understand I put that in just for you dont ya?

[I could not ignore her head of winning, sorry, I was being a puber again ;), sorry Fran, I know you read here sometimes}

thanks Merckx, i assumed you may have because i am the only one to lend scurrilous insinuation for Fran and gollum. chapeau.

damn, i referred to you twice as Merckx, i got the poster wrong, sorry FGL and thanks for the heads up reference to Fran on my behalf!

blackcat said:
jens_attacks said:
pastronef said:
jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

uhmmm...no.

during that first FLAT stages I mean. since Lance was the patron of the peloton, he could have decided who could go in the breakaways and see that cofidis could keep the break in control.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

pastronef said:
blackcat said:
jens_attacks said:
pastronef said:
jens_attacks said:
haha

what a hero.

uhmmm...no.

during that first FLAT stages I mean. since Lance was the patron of the peloton, he could have decided who could go in the breakaways and see that cofidis could keep the break in control.

thats an expedience, protecting their own yellow in millar. the race is not yet underway in the flat sprinter stages.

Armstrong hates Cofidis almost as much as he hates Betsy Andreu.