• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Gaudu discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/57803/challenge-bbb-david-gaudu-une-super-saison
David will race GP Plumelec and Critérium du Dauphiné.

I would have hoped to see him race Route du Sud but he didn't mention that race, so I guess he's not scheduled to do it.
I look forward to this CDD, against the big boys. Maybe his first pro-win: that would be awesome. David is having a very good rookie season so far.

The first one.
DG9JRlWWsAAf-is.jpg

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Alexandre B. said:
The first one.
DG9JRlWWsAAf-is.jpg
What a picture!!! In hope to see this one of these upcoming July :) . Well-served considering David's solid rookie season. A ton of talent, class...now he gets the first one. Bravo.

And bravo to Tibopino as well. Selfless. Respect.

Will Thibaut 'let' Gaudu win the GC though?

Re: Re:

Der Effe said:
Tonton said:
Alexandre B. said:
The first one.
DG9JRlWWsAAf-is.jpg
What a picture!!! In hope to see this one of these upcoming July :) . Well-served considering David's solid rookie season. A ton of talent, class...now he gets the first one. Bravo.

And bravo to Tibopino as well. Selfless. Respect.

Will Thibaut 'let' Gaudu win the GC though?
Very unlikely. It's the race that got him on the map in '10 when at just 20 he dropped everybody in the Grand Colombier but got caught just before the finish. In the post-race interviews just published in l'Equipe, David thanked Thibaut for carrying him through the end of the stage and letting him win, and Thibaut said that his first pro win in '11 was on this very stage, that it's a great story that repeated itself with Gaudu winning today.

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Yep really good today. Really surprised, he seemed to be done at the end of the season, but he said that he started to feel pretty good at the 3 Valli Varesine and that today he had super legs !

And what a temperament ! When Uran attacked, he followed him, then when the colombian turned his face to see the damage, he made the stone face but looked absolutely wasted at the moment Uran turned back to face the road. :D

Go David !

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
It seems as though emerging riders are getting younger and younger. I was surprised to read that De Plus is 22. Gaudu was 20 in the spring when he broke out. Crazy.

TRENDING THREADS