• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

David Miller is starting to annoy me

No offence to anyone who likes this guy but he is always talking about these "Stages he is going to target" in GT and then does ****all and never comes close. On EPO he was good now, just alittle cleaner is merely mediocre.

He makes alot of noise and follow through.

Millar makes a lot of noise, because he's an interesting rider and gets contacted more by the media than the average rider.

What has he said this time to p*** you off?

And obviously you haven't just watched Dauphine Libere, where the Scotsman was tenth in the prologue, third in the long time trial, constantly placed in top15 in the mountains and ended no. 9 in the general ranking?

I'd say that's a pretty good effort (and follow-thru) by a "mediocre" rider....

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
I'd say that's a pretty good effort (and follow-thru) by a "mediocre" rider....
Especially when you can have more doubts on other riders...

And without EPO or blood doping the top ten will be different as we usually see it.

Millar is Millar - not really a surprise that he irritates some.

Personally I have respect for someone like David - who is clearly a guy with some issues - he wears his heart on his sleeve - but he battles.

It's the battling I respect. I hope he is able to get some reward for his efforts in France this year. IMO he deserves it.

A

Anonymous

ive got loads of time for him and as for saying he never does anything..

great performances in dauphine..
only lost out on "the tour stage he targeted" last year (or was it the year before.. time goes so quick) when his chain broke in the final kilometre when he was clearly the class in the escape...

I think he pretty much backs up his talk with action.. .

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Colonel said:
No offence to anyone who likes this guy but he is always talking about these "Stages he is going to target" in GT and then does ****all and never comes close. On EPO he was good now, just alittle cleaner is merely mediocre.

David MillEr is truly mediocre, so much so that he's not even a pro. David MillAr on the other hand is not mediocre. Your post however comes pretty close to defining mediocrity, if only it were a tad better...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Snake8 said:
David MillEr is truly mediocre, so much so that he's not even a pro. David MillAr on the other hand is not mediocre. Your post however comes pretty close to defining mediocrity, if only it were a tad better...

I only dream of orating this well.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
ive got loads of time for him and as for saying he never does anything..

great performances in dauphine..
only lost out on "the tour stage he targeted" last year (or was it the year before.. time goes so quick) when his chain broke in the final kilometre when he was clearly the class in the escape...

I think he pretty much backs up his talk with action.. .

That would be in the Giro, no? The one whereh e picked up his bike and hurled it. I suppose you shouldn't bottle up such emotions.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Yep he is annoying, gets far far more column inches than his talent or results warrant.
The pious attitude about doping is a little hard to take from a doper.
He trains hard and races often and its I used to not do enough then its I train less hard and race little (because of an injury) and its I used to do too much! Should really know by now.
Lets not get too excited about the dauphine either as its just a (sadly) glorified training ride to some.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Exaclty - hes lied and cheated before so why should we believe in anything he says or does now

180mmCrank said:
Millar is Millar - not really a surprise that he irritates some.

Personally I have respect for someone like David - who is clearly a guy with some issues - he wears his heart on his sleeve - but he battles.

It's the battling I respect. I hope he is able to get some reward for his efforts in France this year. IMO he deserves it.
no he dosent

I always a believer of lifetime bans or even jail time (depending how far they went) for Drug Cheats

How they are still alowed to race is beyond me and I quite frankly try and ignore him as much as possible

I dont see how he can command anyones repect

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
Exaclty - hes lied and cheated before so why should we believe in anything he says or does now

no he dosent

I always a believer of lifetime bans or even jail time (depending how far they went) for Drug Cheats

How they are still alowed to race is beyond me and I quite frankly try and ignore him as much as possible

I dont see how he can command anyones repect

If people like you were the governing body that they would.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
If people like you were the governing body that they would.

and that means what exaclty?

majority of the reasons why people still cheat in Cycling because the penalities are far too lenient. IF a rider who's is caught cheating when they are 20,22,23 etc still has time to come back and be in the sport.

My stance isnt restricted to Cycling - regardless of the sport I dont think thats right :mad:

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
That would be in the Giro, no? The one whereh e picked up his bike and hurled it. I suppose you shouldn't bottle up such emotions.

it was last years giro indeed... i could have bothered to look up for reference but frankly its such a stupid thread i couldnt be bothered.. :D

Spot the DM fan.. :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colonel said:

I dont think he states flat out 'I am going to win this and that stage'...
Give him a break... I mean, my "goal" is to win the lottery and date a Swedish collegiate volleyball player, but....

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Millar is a classy rider, but hasn't really done much for a couple of years. I'm a fan of his, so it's nice to see that his form is looking the best it has for a long time. Wouldn't be suprised to see him in a few breakaways looking to pick up a win. I'm not sure he's got the legs for an ITT win though.

TRENDING THREADS