• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Davide Rebellins future

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So what are peoples thought on this guy?
He appears to think he has another 2 years and wants to spend them at the top level with a better team, any idea where he could go?

And finally, should he even be allowed to race hes so dirty is bordering on comical

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I could definitely see him at Farnese, specially considering they will loose Visconti for next year. They need a "big" name. (I've see the news about Pelizotti, but it's not quite the same niche, is it?). I doubt a Pro-Tour team would pick him up. Not that it would surprise me, but..."perception is everything".

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
canyonball said:
I could definitely see him at Farnese, specially considering they will loose Visconti for next year. They need a "big" name. (I've see the news about Pelizotti, but it's not quite the same niche, is it?). I doubt a Pro-Tour team would pick him up. Not that it would surprise me, but..."perception is everything".

Farnese Vini did not get invited to Rebbelin's targeted races (LBL, Fleche Wallone, AGR) this year. And I don't think that they'd get an invitation just because of Rebellin's presence. Although they might.

And hey, if DiLuca got a protour contract, why can't Rebellin?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Farnese Vini did not get invited to Rebbelin's targeted races (LBL, Fleche Wallone, AGR) this year. And I don't think that they'd get an invitation just because of Rebellin's presence. Although they might.

You're most definitly right about Farnese, it's a gamble wether they will get invites on the races he would want to feature. (Although they did get invited to Amstel Gold Race?)

Re: Di Luca, you have to take into consideration the way he returned to Pro-Tour. During those days, he was literally making a campaign for himself on the media with all the chip chat about the "special" contract, the lectures to children, etc. Also like Hrotha mentioned, they didn't exactly had the same atitude during the suspension. Like I said..."perception is everything"

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
canyonball said:
You're most definitly right about Farnese, it's a gamble wether they will get invites on the races he would want to feature. (Although they did get invited to Amstel Gold Race?)

Re: Di Luca, you have to take into consideration the way he returned to Pro-Tour. During those days, he was literally making a campaign for himself on the media with all the chip chat about the "special" contract, the lectures to children, etc. Also like Hrotha mentioned, they didn't exactly had the same atitude during the suspension. Like I said..."perception is everything"

Yeah, you and trevim are right, of course farnese-vini rode AGR, I've just forgotten that fact.

As to "special" contract, "children lectures", blah blah blah... Meh, Astana would sign him without all that crap, IMHO....

P.S. Of course it's hard to discuss this issue in full without wearing off to clinic subjects....

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:

Because Rebellin is 40. Who many teams are signing 40 year olds? Let alone ones with a doping conviction. Rather than signing him, a team who be better off renaming themselves Team Desperate. It'll be cheaper and have the same net effect.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Because Rebellin is 40. Who many teams are signing 40 year olds? Let alone ones with a doping conviction. Rather than signing him, a team who be better off renaming themselves Team Desperate. It'll be cheaper and have the same net effect.

Radioshack like a bit of around 40 :p

Benotti69 said:
And people wonder why cycling can't find sponsors:mad:

Seems to me like a lot of other sports with the same problems have no trouble finding sponsors.

canyonball said:

Whats up with Visconti?

A

Anonymous

:D
rebellin_finger.jpg
:p

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Wow Visconti Valverde vs THor Evans vs Gilbert at the Ardennes (well hopefully Gilbert dont go BMC).

Thor? In the Ardennes? He's done nothing in those races. Literally nothing - he's never ridden any of them.

TRENDING THREADS