• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Davide Rebellins future

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mambo95 said:
Thor? In the Ardennes? He's done nothing in those races. Literally nothing - he's never ridden any of them.

Thor is a new monster. Sagan has never ridden any of them but people are predicting big things for him there.

If he can handle Aubisque he can handle the Ardennes.

im not saying he will contend just that he will be a great teammate.

Freires come top 10 in 2 of the Ardennes afterall, and all THor has to do is leadout Cuddles for Cauberg and Muur, and pull for him a bit in Liege.

Though i admit the idea came from Pisti who said Thor would leadout Evans for Muur.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
Rebellin is back just to offset a bit all the costs of litigation/court bills from his lawyers-that's all

That's why most of the Old guys keep it up imo. They know their endorsement future as retired icons won't pay the rent.

The Hitch said:
Thor is a new monster. Sagan has never ridden any of them but people are predicting big things for him there.

Freires come top 10 in 2 of the Ardennes afterall, and all THor has to do is leadout Cuddles for Cauberg and Muur, and pull for him a bit in Liege.

Though i admit the idea came from Pisti who said Thor would leadout Evans for Muur.

While it's not quite the same, Thor is relatively weak(er) in cobbled classics with hills.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Not so sure you can make that assumption. Thor may have fought for every second in the mountains, but it was in a stage race situation. In LBL or Flèche recovery is less of an issue, so the likes of Gilbert, Schlecks et al will be able to inflict much more damage.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
The one positive re Thor would be leading onto the bottom in the final at a high speed till he explodes and the hill top sprint begins.

Stick man with Cobble used to do this job very well at the old Lotto, except his work did not get finished off with the win.

The Hitch said:

You're right he would be a good domestique for Evans in the Ardennes races but after flogging yourself in Roubaix and Flanders it's most useful to rest. A thoroughbred domestique will quite likely do all the races I mention but they are generally required to be good all season and not great at 2-3 periods during the year. A big rider like Thor will rest after the early spring races.

Cancellara did ride AGR this year but I got the impression he was more doing recon to see if he want's to try to win the Ardennes races.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
uphillstruggle said:
You're right he would be a good domestique for Evans in the Ardennes races but after flogging yourself in Roubaix and Flanders it's most useful to rest. A thoroughbred domestique will quite likely do all the races I mention but they are generally required to be good all season and not great at 2-3 periods during the year. A big rider like Thor will rest after the early spring races.

Cancellara did ride AGR this year but I got the impression he was more doing recon to see if he want's to try to win the Ardennes races.

I got the impression he crashed.

yes this thread is totally about thor and evans

and yes indeed,rebellin is back because he's starving,he can't pay the rent and certainly doesn't know how to use a debit card because he has in bank accounts something like 20-25 millions.lol gtfo that was too funny the evil guy is back for more money.classic

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
He just flatted before the Koppenberg if I remember correctly together with Frank Schleck, so I doubt it has been a proper test.

Libertine Seguros said:
Or if he'll have a chance in the 2012 Worlds.

Yeah didn't think of that. If the route is anything like AGR Gilbert and the other Belgians are going to be on the front the entire race :p

To come back to Rebellin, where on earth did he get 20-25 Million Euro's from? I know he's got a pretty tidy Palmeres but that is insane money.

The guy cant retire fast enough, he should begone.
Almost 10 years on:
Rebellin, at 50 in the pack: there's agreement with Cambodia Cycling Academy
Infinite Davide Rebellin.
The Venetian, who passed as a professional in August 1992, starts to attach the number on his back to pedal in the group again in 2021, thus crossing 4 decades in cycling.
Last season, he wore the Meridiana Kamen shirt, although after the first lockdown he had only accumulated 5 days of competition.
For 2021 Rebellin has an agreement - only the signature is missing - with the Cambodia Cycling Academy: a Cambodian continental team that aims to raise local riders in view of the Southeast Asian Games in 2023.

Last edited:
It is worth to mention that he has a wife, who he met on a training ride around Monaco a decade ago (they married in 2014), so he has a life besides just riding his bike. He also became a gluten-free vegetarian (almost vegan) a few years ago and is known to be one of the most professional guys. The last time he had a coach was many moons ago, he's his own coach.

Perhaps someone can do better than I did at this game of 6 (7) degrees of separation.

Perhaps someone can do better than I did at this game of 6 (7) degrees of separation.

We should also try to cover his Bacon number.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS