• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Brabantse Pijl: April 14th 2021

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
From now until September I will take it upon myself to stop at the top there on every ride and piss down the hill to make sure they look nasty again :p
I was today at Moskestraat an wanted to contribute my fair share to a more traditional Moskestraat and thus a better World Championship. But then I saw this sign!

Moskestraat2.jpg

In case you cannot read it on the picture:

"Believe NIET in deze omgeving te PLASSEN aub"

My Flemish is very bad, but I think it says:

"Pissing in this area is unwanted. Thank you!"

So either some resident is reading here or Billie has overdone it a little.

I was today at Moskestraat an wanted to contribute my fair share to a more traditional Moskestraat and thus a better World Championship. But then I saw this sign!

Moskestraat2.jpg

In case you cannot read it on the picture:

"Believe NIET in deze omgeving te PLASSEN aub"

My Flemish is very bad, but I think it says:

"Pissing in this area is unwanted. Thank you!"

So either some resident is reading here or Billie has overdone it a little.
It's not "Believe", it's "Gelieve". So, a G, not a B.
gelieve ~= please, kindly etc
AUB basically means the same thing. Als't U Belieft. If it pleases you. If you please.

Kindly don't pee in the vicinity, if you please.