• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Ronde van Vlaanderen (270.8 km), 2024 March 31 (Sunday)

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe everyone could shut up about the guy who wasn't there and just enjoy the race.
Pogacar is the defending champ afterall so naturaly to mention him.

Hes the only one who has showed he can match vdp and even beat him so i see no harm in mentioning him.

Without him this would always bee the result bearing any missfortunes thats hardly any surprise after what weve seen over the last few years.

here are the screenshots. He blocked a lot of guys, but the top ~10 were already further up the climb at that point.

2FBqeUd.png

8I7sKdZ.png
Half the field was already off their bikes or about to dismount.

Reactions: Zoetemelk-fan
Watch replays before reacting, maybe. Vermeersch was halfway, got walkers in front, tried to ride through, slipped himself, blocked for a millisecond, got of and walked around 10th. A lot was going on, Vermeersch just tried his best, I never said he blocked on purpose, just that the slipping of some (like Vermeersch) hampered the chances of all riders behind, and any (very small) chance of a chase within a minute. Now the Koppenberg farce gave mvdp one free minute on everyone but a fading Jorgensen and a “done” pedersen, so mvdp could ride on wattage more than anything, which made life for him much easier. That minute was however a poisonous present as it didn’t gave mdvp any other option than to press on, which was a heroic effort in this weather.
I actually did, which is supported by your explanation perfectly explaining what I wrote. Like, what are we even discussing? If you also think Vermeersch was in the middle of the group, wasn't the first to block the road and didn't affect the around 10 riders in front of him, why did you...
1.) ...disagree with me?
2.) ...blaim Vermeersch for anything?

I actually did, which is supported by your explanation perfectly explaining what I wrote. Like, what are we even discussing? If you also think Vermeersch was in the middle of the group, wasn't the first to block the road and didn't affect the around 10 riders in front of him, why did you...
1.) ...disagree with me?
2.) ...blaim Vermeersch for anything?
What is there to disagree when I mention the race situation on Koppenberg is imho unfair and I give the example of Vermeersch blocking the road (which he did)? Leave the whataboutism (other riders also blocking) and just re-read my posts. I never said Vermeersch did this intentional and with some reading comprehension you”ll get it without trying to fish for something that simply is in your mind.

Pogacar is the defending champ afterall so naturaly to mention him.

Hes the only one who has showed he can match vdp and even beat him so i see no harm in mentioning him.

Without him this would always bee the result bearing any missfortunes thats hardly any surprise after what weve seen over the last few years.
The actual point is that with or without him this might have always been the result as well. The “IF” game is just not worth playing, so Pog is not worth mentioning. MvDP cannot beat who does not (choose) to show up. Not that he hasn’t beaten all of them in the past already, both in this race and in others.

Reactions: proffate
What is there to disagree when I mention the race situation on Koppenberg is imho unfair and I give the example of Vermeersch blocking the road (which he did)? Leave the whataboutism (other riders also blocking) and just re-read my posts. I never said Vermeersch did this intentional and with some reading comprehension you”ll get it without trying to fish for something that simply is in your mind.
Idk man, you wrote "Vermeersch gave a free minute to MvdP", "Vermeersch blocked the whole lot of them" and that all of this was "unfair". I don't think I had to do much fishing...

Idk man, you wrote "Vermeersch gave a free minute to MvdP", "Vermeersch blocked the whole lot of them" and that all of this was "unfair". I don't think I had to do much fishing...
Again, what is there that wasn’t true?
The Koppenberg was unfair, walkers lost a minute and Vermeersch is one of them that can be seen blocking the road. Are you vermeersch? I’m done discussing this, and stick to my opinion that Koppenberg robbed us from a more fair race.

Reactions: postmanhat