• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Scheldeprijs

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Seriously mate, it's "Scheldeprijs". Petacchi FTW. Or Theo Bos :p
Is EBH even racing, BTW? I think Ben Swift is the man for Sky today.

It'd be a mighty challenge for Ben Swift to win because if I'm not mistaken he's rading Pais Vasco at the moment!! I think they have the start list a little wrong.

Not sure if EBH was starting. The website has him down and I gather they hoped he would rider to tune up for P-R but it was injury dependent. Tyler Farrar or Andre 'Cav's best mate' Griepel are the men for me today.

A

Anonymous

I think Griepel might have a little something to prove today. I will take him over the field.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I think Griepel might have a little something to prove today. I will take him over the field.

Make a statement to Cav? I think EBH. He is strong on the cobbles so will find them easy where as I don't think Greiepl will like the cobbles and may tire him a bit more.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
My apologies, he isn't. Got confused between PR and this race!

That shouldn't even be possible :)
Would be good for Belgium if Boonen or Lotto picks this up. They only have 2 races left...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
That shouldn't even be possible :)
Would be good for Belgium if Boonen or Lotto picks this up. They only have 2 races left...

Boonen will win. But because I predicted it, it means it won't happen. I'm predicting AC to win the tour this year.

I wouldn't call this a cobbled classic.
There is a street of cobbles, but it's almost a highroad.

It's a real flat classic, which means usually a sprinter wins, and occasionely the weird breakaway. But it has nothing to do with riding on cobbles, you don't need skills for that here.

Some more info.
Boonen said before the start he doesn't want to take any risks prior to Paris Roubaix, so we know Auscyclefans prediction is already a gonner :p.
Neither will Cancellara do anything by the way.

With the amount of sprinters being here, I can only see this going one way, a sprint.
Petacchi, Farrar, Greipel, Brown, perhaps even Bos, take your pick

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I wouldn't call this a cobbled classic.
There is a street of cobbles, but it's almost a highroad.

It's a real flat classic, which means usually a sprinter wins, and occasionely the weird breakaway. But it has nothing to do with riding on cobbles, you don't need skills for that here.

We may see waaiers though.

TRENDING THREADS