Denis Galimzyanov provisionally suspended

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 22, 2011
2,843
1
0
airstream said:
Sadly, nowadays only very famous riders like Basso and Contador can come back on ProTour level easily or relatively easily, like Dekker or Kashechkin are doing. Though, I'm certain Kash was invited in Astana mostly for political reason. For all the rest future looks not optimistic. Galimzyanov is unlikely to become an exception.
Valverde, Scarponi, Petacchi, Rui Costa, Astarloza, DiLuca. But you do have a point, there's fewer of these "success" stories, that ones that are complete opposite
 
airstream said:
Sadly, nowadays only very famous riders like Basso and Contador can come back on ProTour level easily or relatively easily, like Dekker or Kashechkin are doing. Though, I'm certain Kash was invited in Astana mostly for political reason. For all the rest future looks not optimistic. Galimzyanov is unlikely to become an exception.
Only basso and contador? ..you need to learn more about this thing of ours..or just a potshot at basso and contador?
 
LaFlorecita said:
The bolded I find pretty strange. Actually makes me think that Katusha has something to do with his positive.
Ya think? Not strange at all, what would be strange would be if he actually told the truth about the team unless he had no intention of ever working in the bike race business again.
As much as I think most pros are lying dopers, no way do I believe they all do it on their own. The penalty for really telling the truth is much more severe than the upside. Which makes him.......well, still a lying doper. Also makes him in good company with just about any podium we see up there.:rolleyes:
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Zam_Olyas said:
Only basso and contador? ..you need to learn more about this thing of ours..or just a potshot at basso and contador?
Of course not. I didn't intend to call all the names, just gave a couple for example in order to contrast that to the fact that Galimzyanov is not among them. In addition, he's a sprinter. Individual selfish specialization that always demands victories. I remember only Danilo Hondo who could come back, but he has far more versatile skills than Galimzyanov.
 
Jan 18, 2010
277
0
0
Russia's not the only society full of cheats

shalgo said:
I love Russia, Russian literature, and Russian culture. However, Russian society is at the moment one in which cheating is condoned and indeed practiced by people at the highest levels of government and business. It is thus perhaps not surprising that cheating is also apparently widely practiced by Russian athletes and teams. One need only consider, for example, the top Russian middle-distance runners suspended before the 2008 Olympics and the many Russian winter sports athletes suspended before the 2010 Olympics.

In how many countries is doping considered such a systematic problem that the head of state becomes involved?

"But IOC President Jacques Rogge said on February 8 that he raised concerns directly with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and the Russian sports minister because of 11 winter sports doping cases involving Russian athletes during the past year."

http://www.rferl.org/content/On_Eve_Of_Winter_Olympics_30_Athletes_Banned_For_Doping/1956201.html

Also consider the following:

"The number of suspensions, and the varied events involved, raised troubling questions about possible ineptitude or corruption in Russian drug-testing procedures and also prompted concerns about whether a deliberate, systematic attempt was made by coaches or officials to undermine drug-testing protocols."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/sports/01iht-01doping.14929871.html
The US isn't all that different. Lots of cheats on Wall Street. Look at college sports, full of cheats. People cheat in all societies, and so do sportsmen/women. It sucks, but what sucks more is the unequal application of the law to these cheats.
 
The only thing I want to hear is that THIS was his only time.

I so freakin hate that. Maybe he'll be different. But the statement tells me otherwise.

Katusha: You got caught don't ruin it for the rest of us.
 
Aug 14, 2010
128
0
8,680
The wheels are already in motion... Here, the anti doping chief doesn't rule out a reduced suspension because of Galimzyanov's good behavior so far:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.sports.ru/others/cycle-racing/140225707.html

And here, Holczer is giving his "see nothing, hear nothing" story already:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.sports.ru/others/cycle-racing/140163421.html
 
Machu Picchu said:
Full details of letter:

DENIS GALIMZYANOV RECOGNIZES DOPING USAGE

I recognize a fact of banned substance usage.
I fully realized what I did.
I deeply regret about what happened, and I apologize to the whole team and my teammates, along with my fans whom I disappointed.
Denis Galimzyanov
+1000
Cossacks still have something to teach us.
 
I wish Denis,that he'll find Rest&that his Family&good Friends are Strong enough to help him Out in the next Months
If he wanted to tweet about it he should have really stopped there.

Although this may be yet another sign that Katusha is going to cast Galimzyanov aside (at least for the next 23 months or so).
 
Jan 23, 2012
6
0
0
greatking88 said:
Eric Zabel has some nerve, twitter comment last night 'I wish Denis,that he'll find Rest&that his Family&good Friends are Strong enough to help him Out in the next Months!good Luck& dont Comeback!

Quite rich coming from him...

The link as well; http://twitter.com/#!/EteZabel/status/192326162335268866
He's doing everything right as well...

Cheats are not accepted in the peloton. Apart from those with special permission. ;)
 
Jun 22, 2009
794
0
0
nobilis said:
Btw, what are the rules concerning a suspended rider? Should he notify the UCI that he's willing to come back after the suspension, so that they will continue the testing?
suspended riders remain in the testing pool and are still subject to out of competition testing unless they retire/take themselves out of said pool. if they want to unretire they must re-enter the testing pool for a lengthy period of time before being allowed to compete. that period of time is at least a few months but my memory is unclear, it may be as much as 6 months.

the loophole being suggested here is pretty well closed off.
 
Oct 18, 2009
1,001
0
0
lean said:
suspended riders remain in the testing pool and are still subject to out of competition testing unless they retire/take themselves out of said pool. if they want to unretire they must re-enter the testing pool for a lengthy period of time before being allowed to compete. that period of time is at least a few months but my memory is unclear, it may be as much as 6 months.

the loophole being suggested here is pretty well closed off.
yeah the duration is 6 months. I think it has to do with the biological passport and the rider's follow-up.
 
Andrew Talansky ‏ @andrewtalansky
On doping:Holczer of Katusha says "you can't stop it and can't guarantee it won't happen" and "you can't control it, not even in your team.

Andrew Talansky ‏ @andrewtalansky
I beg to differ. My team, Garmin-Barracuda, proves him wrong. Proud to be part of a team that lives and breathes clean sport.
 
Zam_Olyas said:
Andrew Talansky ‏ @andrewtalansky
On doping:Holczer of Katusha says "you can't stop it and can't guarantee it won't happen" and "you can't control it, not even in your team.

Andrew Talansky ‏ @andrewtalansky
I beg to differ. My team, Garmin-Barracuda, proves him wrong. Proud to be part of a team that lives and breathes clean sport.
:D:rolleyes::eek:
 
neineinei said:
Denis Galimzyanov has given an interview:

http://sport.zakon.kz/4663409-denis-galimzjanov-gotov-vernutsja-za.html Russian

He says he micro dosed EPO. Tried to get Cippolini to introduce him to his former "prepatore" Katusha had no team doping program at the time. He still ows 200 000 Euro he was ordered by RUSADA to pay.
If Google translate is doing an okay job, that penalty is pretty crazy.
-Gets into the WT on the UCI minimum wage, which is understood may not really get anything close to A minimum wage in a developed country.
-Next year, gets WT contract at much higher salary, then tries EPO and gets popped. You have to wonder how much of his salary he got before being fined 200.000 Euro.

Ouch. This guy is blackballed like Landis.

Imagine that you're playing in something, strictly follow the rules, but suddenly realize that the game is double or even triple standards. Will quietly play next?

Hmm. The controversial concept of the UCI permitting some to dope and forbidding others returns.
 
DirtyWorks said:
If Google translate is doing an okay job, that penalty is pretty crazy.
-Gets into the WT on the UCI minimum wage, which is understood may not really get anything close to A minimum wage in a developed country.
-Next year, gets WT contract at much higher salary, then tries EPO and gets popped. You have to wonder how much of his salary he got before being fined 200.000 Euro.

Ouch. This guy is blackballed like Landis.

Imagine that you're playing in something, strictly follow the rules, but suddenly realize that the game is double or even triple standards. Will quietly play next?

Hmm. The controversial concept of the UCI permitting some to dope and forbidding others returns.
Di Luca is laughing all the way to the bank.. the UCI is awesome!
 
Mar 26, 2009
2,534
0
0
neineinei said:
Denis Galimzyanov has given an interview:

http://sport.zakon.kz/4663409-denis-galimzjanov-gotov-vernutsja-za.html Russian

He says he micro dosed EPO. Tried to get Cippolini to introduce him to his former "prepatore" Katusha had no team doping program at the time. He still ows 200 000 Euro he was ordered by RUSADA to pay.
Who would that be?
Cipollini wasn't working with Ferrari nor Cecchini as far as I can remember.
 
May 19, 2010
1,899
0
0
Michele said:
Who would that be?
Cipollini wasn't working with Ferrari nor Cecchini as far as I can remember.
Someone careful and cautious, he probably doesn't get to know his name, only that he lives nearby in, "Луке". I thought "Луке" was Lucca, but that name is written "Лукка" in Russian. Could be a translation/spelling mistake of course. Google translate says "Luke".

While my salary was minimal. In the first year it was about 27 thousand euros. Of these, 600 per month was spent on renting an apartment, plus utilities, food, travel, gasoline. I actually lived in a zero. In the second year UCI raise the minimum wage to 40 thousand. I did 45 000. Then I sighed. At that moment, the price tag of the normal "preparator" starts from 15 thousand euros per month. That is, the annual service cost of the doctor about 150 - 200 thousand euros. But money is not guaranteed that you will agree to work with.

- How to go to these specialists?

- The right connections. I tried to talk with Cipollini. He said that close, in Luke, his former lives "preparator". I asked us to introduce, but he was very careful.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS