• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dertie Contador's allergies and his TUEs

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hello.

I came across this thread while google searching "alberto contador epilepsy"

And one thing surprised me (apart from byop being a fan of Alberto and krebs faking brain hemorrhages)

Mrs John Murphy keeps saying that Alberto's illness and that of his younger brother are unrelated. While I do not know the exact cause of his brother's cerebral palsy, I do know that Mrs John Murphy's statement might as well be incorrect.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/152712.php

What causes cerebral palsy?
Some babies are deprived of oxygen during labor and delivery (birth). Because of this, doctors used to think that asphyxia (oxygen deprivation) during birth was the cause of the brain damage. However, scientists discovered during the 1980s that less than one tenth of cerebral palsy cases were caused by oxygen deprivation during birth. Most cases of damage to the brain among cerebral palsy children occurred before they were born - more specifically, during the first six months of pregnancy. Experts believe the brain damage happened because of three possible reasons:

Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL)
[snip]
Abnormal development of the brain
[snip]
Intracranial hemorrhage:
This refers to bleeding inside the brain caused by the unborn baby having a stroke. Bleeding in the brain can stop the supply of blood to vital brain tissue, which consequently becomes damaged or dies. The escaped blood itself can clot and damage surrounding tissue. Several factors can cause a stroke in a baby during pregnancy and during the birth:
[snip]

I hope that Mrs John Murphy acknowledges that he was wrong about a possible relation between Alberto's cerebral cavernoma and his brother's cerebral palsy.

Can you please demonstrate that the two strokes are caused by the same factor?

That is to say that two brothers managed to both have strokes for the same reason some 20 years apart. One while still in the womb, the other while riding a bike for a team with a history is systematic doping using epo and blood doping. (Doping practices which are known to cause strokes).

I do hope that you will apologise for desperately grasping at straws to try to excuse the fact that your boy is a doper.

Why can't you accept the fact that you could've been wrong?

Mrs John Murphy said:
Can you please demonstrate that the two strokes are caused by the same factor?

I can't. I don't even know if a stroke caused his brother's cerebral palsy. I'm just pointing out that you could be wrong.

That is to say that two brothers managed to both have strokes for the same reason some 20 years apart. One while still in the womb, the other while riding a bike for a team with a history is systematic doping using epo and blood doping. (Doping practices which are known to cause strokes).

Since we are talking about a congenital disorder, I don't think that this scenario is that far-fetched. One brother had a stroke because of this disorder before his birth, the other one 21 years after birth. Of course you could argue that it isn't a congenital disorder, if that's what you're planning to do, we're done discussing this.

I do hope that you will apologise for desperately grasping at straws to try to excuse the fact that your boy is a doper.

I am not trying to excuse anything. YOU are the one desperately grasping at straws, trying to force the idea of Alberto abusing his TUEs down everyone's throats and using an illness as proof of doping.

Mrs John Murphy said:
As you are the expert and have put forward the hypothesis that the two are related and nothing to do with doping the onus is upon you to demonstrate that they are related.

How about you accept that you are clutching at straws in a bid to try to exonerate your hero through whom you live your life vicariously.

How about you read what I wrote and find out that I have tried to explain why the two could be related.

I'm not clutching at straws, I know Alberto doped and I don't care. I don't even see how I'm trying to " exonerate my hero". As far as I'm aware I'm just trying to show that there could be a relation between two brain disorders.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
How about you read what I wrote and find out that I have tried to explain why the two could be related.

I'm not clutching at straws, I know Alberto doped and I don't care.

In other words, ethical side of ur rider's behaviour absolutely doesnt interest you.

I acknowledge Cycling is in a position where nobody trusts a bit what the riders do in order to get an edge-BUT as an Spring Allergy sufferer, I find unfair to judge this issue upon a rider since this condition is serious & can get mayor setbacks in your training & racing if is not properly addressed. Contador has said it endless times he suffers badly during late April & early May when the pollen levels are peaking- so he's never around pushing his racing calender over that period of the year, because of the Illness.

I doubt Contador & Riis will be stupid enough to try something "shady" well knowing he just came back from a 2 year ban & next time is lifetime, specially because of an "inhalator" or a treatment not previously approved by the UCI & WADA under the TUE umbrella...

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
i think the real issue here is that someone sits down in their spare time and googles "alberto contador epilepsy". why oh why flora?

Someone who's already googled "alberto contador" followed by every word starting with the letters a-d? Oh and a chunk of the e's to get to epilepsy, of course.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
i think the real issue here is that someone sits down in their spare time and googles "alberto contador epilepsy". why oh why flora?

24472357.jpg

TRENDING THREADS