• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Deutschland Tour, 2.Pro 26th - 29th August 2021

After last years cancellation the only professional german stage race "Deutschland Tour" starts tomorrow.

The profiles of the 4 stages are sprinter and classic rider friendly.

Route

Startlist:

Startlist

Although the profiles of the last years didn´t promise a lot, the riders rode pretty aggressively, so that we saw a lot of action.

Let´s hope, that this will also be the case this year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
E9ptPn1XsAE0SL9

Tomorrow looks like good echelon conditions, as there will be quite a strong sidewing blowing from the baltic sea which will hit the riders almost all day. Terrain should be exposed enough will several long straights and alleys.
I just checked the weather forecast. It seems, that in the beginning the wind will come from the north (so crosswind). When they are heading southwest, the wind comes from northwest. (so also crosswind)
So crosswind for the whole day it seems..

So many echelon disappointments at the grand tours this year so far, I´m happy that we will see at least here some good action..

This is a question from a total noob after seeing QS start list video: Does any team have sprinters as GC? (Almeida is leader for QS and I don't exactly get why)

Edit: I just saw Greipel is ISN GC. So then why is not Cavendish GC for QS? (His form after tdf plummeted too much?)

This is a question from a total noob after seeing QS start list video: Does any team have sprinters as GC? (Almeida is leader for QS and I don't exactly get why)

Edit: I just saw Greipel is ISN GC. So then why is not Cavendish GC for QS? (His form after tdf plummeted too much?)

There are a few hills in the end of stage 2 and 3 and also in the beginning of stage 4. So it will be a race from classic riders against sprinters. Stage 1 is flat, but likely we will see echelons..

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
There are a few hills in the end of stage 2 and 3 and also in the beginning of stage 4. So it will be a race from classic riders against sprinters. Stage 1 is flat, but likely we will see echelons..

I think it will be one for sprinters , easiest profile since the reiteration of the Deutschland Tour. The classicriders would really need to make the race super tough cos the course isnt.

Reactions: ppanther92 and noob
I think it will be one for sprinters , easiest profile since the reiteration of the Deutschland Tour. The classicriders would really need to make the race super tough cos the course isnt.
Most probably for the sprinters, yes. But if one or two teams want to make things tough on stage 4 early on, then I don't see many sprinters surviving. Not the pure ones at least. There's a couple hills with 20% ramps in that stage, sadly a long way out so I'm not sure if teams are actually gonna be willing to use the terrain.

Reactions: noob
Stages 2,3 and 4 are perfect for riders like Sagan, Matthews and Colbrelli (and of course van Aert or van der Poel). But none of them is here.
I would not take it for granted that every sprinter (Ackermann, Cavendish, Greipel and Bauhaus) will be in the finale of stage 2, 3 and 4. Possible, but not sure..

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

TRENDING THREADS