• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DiLuca

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
showimg.php

Wednesday, September 22 | 19:21 - Di Luca will know his fate on October 15

On October 15, the eve that the winner of Lombardia is known, Danilo Di Luca will become to know his future destiny.
The Court of First National Anti-Doping Agency, in fact, announced that the President Francesco Plotinus - having regard to the request made by the cyclist from Abruzzo in order prohibiting disqualification under Article. 10.5.3 of the WADA Code, imposed by the TNA to the athlete, by Decision No 135/2009 of 1 February 2010 - set the hearing for discussion on 15 October 2010, at 10.
Recall that Di Luca was banned for two years and will stay suspended - if TNA were to reject its application - until next July 21, 2011. Danilo di Luca was also imposed a fine of 280,000 euros.

Source: =1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=8610&cHash=8e68b6f84f]http://coni.it/di-Luca.html
280000 Euro, that is a hefty fine. I guess after the fine is payed he will be free to ride.

flicker said:
280000 Euro, that is a hefty fine. I guess after the fine is payed he will be free to ride.

I think its harsh that riders in this thing of ours are getting charged hundreds of thousands of dollars, for doping, when it is far from the most lucrative sport, while the dopers in the big billion dollar sports dont even get investigated.

Its also harsh to charge them when everyone was doing it. I understand if right now they say anyone with any suspicion gets big fines but Di Luca, thats the EPO era.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
[...]In any case at least CONI has taken an aggressive anti-doping position, unlike the Spanish for example - and at the cost of promoting a negative image of Italian cycling, as if it were more involved than the rest of the international cylcing community. Italy is no more corrupt in its cycling practices than Spain, Belgium, Germany, the US or anybody else. Such a negative image is, of course, justified: but no more than the other cycling nations. I would be cautious, therefore, about making bold statements of condemnation about Italian athletes, its "damaged tissue," who return. At least they were prosecuted and for every one who was caught, there are ten others in Italy, Spain, Belgium, Germany and the US who continue to advance their careers while having commited the same crime though, seemingly, with impunity.

If I only had a violin... Wait, I do!

Small_violin.gif

He's asking you about Italian cyclists, not what other federations/countries do with THEIR business.

Don't diffuse the issue by throwing blame around.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:

It's a damn shame Di Luca has to pay 280,000 Euros for a positive test.

Proof that cycling is the doormat in which all weak politicians/bureaucrats (which are majority) wipe their shoes on.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Di Luca spills the beans and hopes to return

Di Luca exposed Bernucci and Petacchi

Thursday, September 23 | 11:50

Danilo Di Luca could return early in the peloton. Touched by several doping affairs, currently banned for two years for the positive (epo-Wax) in the Giro in 2009, asked the court CONI doping (TNA) review of the trial and his case will be discussed next October 15. The Abruzzo, defended by Ernesto De Toni, ask for a reduced sentence because in the meantime would have actively contributed to exposing several cases of doping his knowledge. In short, the "killer" would have worked effectively to punmto to enable the ordinary justice to investigate new processes and investigations. Pruned so important branches of the "octopus" linked to banned drugs.
Are the conditions of Article 10.5.3 of the WADA anti-doping rule. The TNA should review the request according to the cards and documents received by the public prosecutor of Padua and Brescia on the recent investigation that led to discovering a track that ended with a search at the home of Bernucci and Petacchi. Papers and documents that reinforce dell'abruzzese defense.
Di Luca, who turned 34 years last January 2 ...

Read more: http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=32902&tp=n

I translated the comment of the TuttiBici reader:

Thursday, September 23, 12:17
It 's a crazy thing! If this is the way in which you are trying to clean up the world of cycling seems to me that we are on the wrong track.
Do you have eaten? Well. Meanwhile, you discount all the punishment whatever it is, then, unless you want it inflicts on you too much from the economic point of view (and still a pretty fine nose you the same because the portfolio is the only place you can really hurt), to cooperate in the investigation by helping to catch your fellow snacks.
So it should work! Ah, I forgot ... If you Ribecco is gone forever.
LuisterenFonetisch lezen

The Hitch said:
I think its harsh that riders in this thing of ours are getting charged hundreds of thousands of dollars, for doping, when it is far from the most lucrative sport, while the dopers in the big billion dollar sports dont even get investigated.

Its also harsh to charge them when everyone was doing it. I understand if right now they say anyone with any suspicion gets big fines but Di Luca, thats the EPO era.

I don't care one ounce what they do in other sports - if this is what is needed to clean up cycling, then fine. The problem is they don't do it in other sports - it's not "unfair" for cycling...

Se&#241 said:
If I only had a violin... Wait, I do!

Small_violin.gif

He's asking you about Italian cyclists, not what other federations/countries do with THEIR business.

Don't diffuse the issue by throwing blame around.

And let's not forget that this is only the recent policy of CONI. Go back a decade and they were actively and willingly funding doping through Conconi's alleged research for an EPO test... Basically we shouldn't trust CONI anymore than any other entity in cycling involved with doping in the 90s.

TRENDING THREADS