• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dirtiest Rider

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Pascal Herve

(CN having diacritical trouble again it seems)
hincapie

George+Hincapie+Paris-Roubaix.jpg

My votes are Riis 1996 or else LA.

Notable mention: Evgeni Berzin (Gewiss).

Note sure about Froome until he does a sub 39 min AdH or something similar. But then again its amazing what marginal gains have done since 2011.

I don't rate Pantani as amongst the dirtiest as the peloton in the 1998 "Festina" TdF didn't seem too upset by Marco. They were only upset about police raids and being treated like criminals. During one of the protests late in the Alps (Aix-les-Bains) the riders interviewed seemed to accept Marco would win and were comfortable with that fact. That suggested to me they knew Pantani wasn't on anything more than they were - even if that was a 60% HCT :)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
When you look at the testimony of Jesus Manzano...it's pure luck that everyone from Kelme is still alive.

Although Armstrong was on the same level...he wasn't filled up with outright dangerous stuff. Best stuff + best doc.
There are so many riders and teams who were full of sh!t...

I'd say the Kelme riders or Rasmussen - that guy was ready to do anything. Mindset is important.

People say Ricc? but as far as we know he used bloodbags....EPO...pretty standard.

Dr. Juice said:
When you look at the testimony of Jesus Manzano...it's pure luck that everyone from Kelme is still alive.

Although Armstrong was on the same level...he wasn't filled up with outright dangerous stuff. Best stuff + best doc.

I'd say the Kelme riders or Rasmussen - that guy was ready to do anything. Mindset is important.

People say Ricc? but as far as we know he used bloodbags....EPO...pretty standard.

Agreed. The best marginal gain Sky have brought is doping with the proper medical care. See the use of Horse steroids.

Manzano took a bloodbag that had been sitting in the midday sun which might not have been his. Think he injected plasma from a dog as well.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:

Kelme riders definitely,at the absolute extreme end of the dirty spectrum.

TRENDING THREADS