Dirty Teams

May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
euroking said:
Who Are The Dirtiness Teams You Ever Known In The Peloton. Past or Present.
I guess it would be a close run thing with any teams competing for the title of 'Dirtiest Team Ever Known', but one could hazard a guess towards East German, USSR and the likes.
 
blackcat said:
USPS ONCE Deutsche Telekom


'nuff said

/close thread
Agreed, but you need to throw in a little Festina - just because. And Liberty Seguros - just because. And, if you have ONCE, then add a touch of Kelme. And, as noted above, Gewiss really demonstrated what a team program can do for team results.

Then don't forget the ongoing saga of Astana... in just about every form. :eek:

Now, did we leave anyone out?

Dave.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
D-Queued said:
Agreed, but you need to throw in a little Festina - just because. And Liberty Seguros - just because. And, if you have ONCE, then add a touch of Kelme. And, as noted above, Gewiss really demonstrated what a team program can do for team results.

Then don't forget the ongoing saga of Astana... in just about every form. :eek:

Now, did we leave anyone out?

Dave.
Kelme. shur, but Liberty Seguros were just a new sponsor cloaking the corpereal of ONCE

Festina? dont think they make it to the threshold of "dirtiest ever" just like Cofidis. Without a Ferrari or a Cecchini or some phd at Freiburg uni, they lack one or two inputs. They needed the best Lienders of their day, or Ferrari or Ceccho.

Why Kelme then? Well, Kelme were a walking talking and riding medical experiment who payed no heed to their athletes' lives. like Jesus Manzano. P'raps they were all Opus Dei and prayed to Jesus with their own schema daVinci Code and Dan freekin Brown.

i am nothing if i aint rigorous in my analysis of doping contexts
 
Gatorade in the 90s.
Ariostea
The US national team at the 1984 Olympics
Most East European teams
Gewiss
CSC
Once
Kelme
USPS / Disco / Astana / Radioshack
Astana v2.0
Sky
Saunier Duval
Cofidis
Le Groupment
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
I forgot CSC. I remember Bjarne flying down to Barca with Frank Shleck to book in to Fuentes gynecological services to get blood withdrawn for his pending pregnancy just in case he was hemorrhaging during birth
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Rabo-Liv

how they intimidated that poor Italian(?) girl in last years Giro d'Italia, that was pretty dirty.
 
Okay, now that we have indicted the vast majority of the pro peloton, to no surprise, how about dirtiest Continental teams?

Saturn?
Chevy-LASheriff?

(always my personal favorite 'cuz they were sponsored by law and order)

Dave.
 
blackcat said:
...

Why Kelme then? Well, Kelme were a walking talking and riding medical experiment who payed no heed to their athletes' lives. like Jesus Manzano. P'raps they were all Opus Dei and prayed to Jesus with their own schema daVinci Code and Dan freekin Brown.

i am nothing if i aint rigorous in my analysis of doping contexts
Your rigor is applauded.

Why Kelme?

One word: Fuentes.

Fuentes - ONCE, Amaya, Kelme.

And, why Liberty Seguros?

One word: Saiz.

The most notorious teams would be those led by the most notorious managers and doctors.

Festina gets the acknowledgement because the opened the world's eyes to team supported sophisticated doping practices leading to the creation of WADA, even if they were relative amateurs at it.

bobbins said:
Gatorade in the 90s.
Ariostea
The US national team at the 1984 Olympics
Most East European teams
Gewiss
CSC
Once
Kelme
USPS / Disco / Astana / Radioshack
Astana v2.0
Sky
Saunier Duval
Cofidis
Le Groupment
Don't forget Astana started with Manolo Saiz as the final re-branding of ONCE. Vino is really running Astana v3.0.

Dave.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Clinic 2
Similar threads
Team organized doping?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS