• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Disappearing posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi my posts from the site disappeared an hour or two after i made them. Nobody disagreed with anything I said so it seems strange and bizarre. Maybe there is a technical clitch. Has this happened to anyone else?

British Pro Cycling said:
Hi my posts from the site disappeared an hour or two after i made them. Nobody disagreed with anything I said so it seems strange and bizarre. Maybe there is a technical clitch. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think I recall it happening to a couple guys named BanProCycling and UnBanProCycling. Do you know them?

Disappearing Posts

They seem to move them. I responded to one and the next day it had been consolidated with another one. The topic was about Cadel Evans future moves and it was moved to a general thread about transfers and team changes which was odd because the Evans topic was just a hypothetical. Go figure..............they call it progress.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
movingtarget said:
They seem to move them. I responded to one and the next day it had been consolidated with another one. The topic was about Cadel Evans future moves and it was moved to a general thread about transfers and team changes which was odd because the Evans topic was just a hypothetical. Go figure..............they call it progress.

No, it's not that. I've worked out that my posts only disappear from one place, which is the clinic. It seems to start when I engage in discussion about Lance Armstrong.

It's almost as if they're trying to send me the message that any positive remark about LA is not allowed in the clinic. But that can't be right, can it?

Anyway I'll keep you posted.

No, it's not that. I've worked out that my posts only disappear from one place, which is the clinic. It seems to start when I engage in discussion about Lance Armstrong.

It's almost as if they're trying to send me the message that any positive remark about LA is not allowed in the clinic. But that can't be right, can it?

Anyway I'll keep you posted.

I think I got it figured out for ya buddy. Your posts only disappear from the clinic because that is just about the only place you post.
That is because you are not a cycling fan persay, but really only a Lance fan and a Trolling fan.
Oh and also having multi user names is against most forum rules, and you have certainly had a boat load.
Whatever happened to Wonder Lance, did he get banned too or are you holding him in reserve for the day when nothing with initials BPC will fly at all?
Seems like that day is here!

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
No, that's not right. All viewpoints are tolerated, as long as things remain factual and cool -- no name-calling and trolling allowed.

Susan

You should have a word with the moderator that deletes all my ontopic posts then. It can't be right that one poster is hounded in this way. We know it's got nothing to do with trolling since nobody has ever been able to cite a post of mine that is trolling, and those people that do troll are not deleted or banned.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You should have a word with the moderator that deletes all my ontopic posts then. It can't be right that one poster is hounded in this way. We know it's got nothing to do with trolling since nobody has ever been able to cite a post of mine that is trolling, and those people that do troll are not deleted or banned.

Here are a few

-Betsy Andreau should have committed perjury because it was the right thing do.
-"Cortisoid steroids have never been used by cyclists - there is no benefit for them - which is why nobody but internet loons still cite this incident"
-Ferrari is a great coach
-Trivializing the number of riders who died from EPO
-Various outrageous claims like "Armstrong was third quickest down hill in the second Giro time trial"....but never providing back up.
-"We should all be able to agree that Armstrong and other cyclists did not visit Dr Ferrari for the dope"
-Various lies about me, and other, posters. The sole purpose is to get them to engage in your games.

It goes on and on. Your only goal is to lie and troll.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This is really weak stuff. You've obviously been desperately looking around for something and have taken a set of points out of context, most of which are from weeks ago. Where are all the supposedly off topic and trolling comments from the long threads we've been having for the last couple of weeks? You can't cite a single thing. What did I get banned for? Why are my posts being removed?

ThoughtforFood had to ask you to stop lying about him saying that blood tranfusions had gone down. Why did you lie about that?

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I shouldn't play his game of having to answer for isolated quotes taken over several months out of context, but they're so easy I can't resist it...

Betsy Andreau should have committed perjury because it was the right thing do.

That's not trolling, is it. It's a genuine belief. But I didn't just assert that she should just commit perjury, I just said there were balancing moral factors at play. It was not a simple decision. Are you saying this is not true?

-"Cortisoid steroids have never been used by cyclists - there is no benefit for them - which is why nobody but internet loons still cite this incident"

This was reference to the cortisoid trace test for Lance Armstrong. I made a simple mistake about cortisoid steroids usage in the past, which I quickly owned up to in the same thread, unprompted. Again, how is it trolling? I actually won the argument about why this cream is necessary for saddle sores.

-Ferrari is a great coach

There is nobody in pro cycling that would disagree with that. Sorry it doesn't fit with your tabloid mentality.

-Trivializing the number of riders who died from EPO

Liar.

-Various outrageous claims like "Armstrong was third quickest down hill in the second Giro time trial"....but never providing back up.

It was absolutely true. Give me the splits from the time trial and it will be there - why would I bother lying about that? The fact that this bitter RaceRadio chap thinks its trolling to highlight the fact Armstrong is a great bike handler rather shows what we're dealing with here.

-"We should all be able to agree that Armstrong and other cyclists did not visit Dr Ferrari for the dope"

This was part of an argument saying that cyclists can get dope from many sources, so clearly they didn't need Ferrari just to obtain the dope. They could get that anyway. Again, perfectly common sense. What is your counter argument for why Ferrari is the only source in cycling for dope? Maybe RR's brain isn't big enough to understand that point.

-Various lies about me, and other, posters. The sole purpose is to get them to engage in your games.

This is the classic tactic. Pretend I am lying without actually citing anything, and pretend I am trolling without actually citing anything. Then disrupt every single thread where I am debating the issues as a way of claiming my presense is disrupting the threads. It's quite simple but it does seem to work. He's a nasty piece of work alright.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This is the type of unsourced trolling comment that RR makes on a daily basis...from just today.

There is zero record of Armstrong being a good responder to anything besides dope.

If we disagree with this then it's "trolling" and the moderator must be called to remove the post.

I don't think he realises he is outside of the clinic now where there is no echo chamber of appreciation.

Update: I would be failing in my duty to add that RaceRadio admits to being banned from other sites for this behaviour. He also used to post as a woman which turned out to be the name of Johan Bruyneel's wife. How creepy is that?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
This is the type of unsourced trolling comment that RR makes on a daily basis...from just today.

If we disagree with this then it's "trolling" and the moderator must be called to remove the post.

I don't think he realises he is outside of the clinic now where there is no echo chamber of appreciation.

Update: I would be failing in my duty to add that RaceRadio admits to being banned from other sites for this behaviour. He also used to post as a woman which turned out to be the name of Johan Bruyneel's wife. How creepy is that?

Once again you are lying. I was never banned for trolling.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Once again you are lying. I was never banned for trolling.

Wrong answer - you can't play semantics this time because i didn't say you admitted to trolling. You admitted to being banned for this behaviour. You obviously thought this behaviour was reasonable. But the moderator thought you were a lying troll. If they didn't think you were a lying troll then why did they ban you?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
That's not trolling, is it. It's a genuine belief. But I didn't just assert that she should just commit perjury, I just said there were balancing moral factors at play. It was not a simple decision. Are you saying this is not true?
you highjacked a thread in order to deride Besty for not breaking the law. You presented no comprehesiable moral factor to justify this as your only goal was to stir people up.

This was reference to the cortisoid trace test for Lance Armstrong. I made a simple mistake about cortisoid steroids usage in the past, which I quickly owned up to in the same thread, unprompted. Again, how is it trolling? I actually won the argument about why this cream is necessary for saddle sores.
You won no argument, you only proved that you were only interested in trolling not a discussion.

There is nobody in pro cycling that would disagree with that. Sorry it doesn't fit with your tabloid mentality.
BS. Lemond certainly disagreed with it. Another Pro said "There is only one reason you go to Ferrari, dope" and "Using Ferrari is like riding with a frying pan up your backside". Franco Pellizotti and Vincenzo Nibali are linked with him they filed an anti-defamation suit.

TheArbiter said:
But if you think about how many riders were using EPO at one point, the ratio of deaths does seem very small indeed........

......the propaganda far outweights the reality of the risks. Indeed it might be called one big hoax.

It was absolutely true. Give me the splits from the time trial and it will be there - why would I bother lying about that?
If you make an unsupportable claim it is not my job to prove you correct. You continue to make wild claims that are routinely disprove and make no effort to back them up. This is because you are only interesting in stirring up conflict and not discussing anything.

This was part of an argument saying that cyclists can get dope from many sources, so clearly they didn't need Ferrari just to obtain the dope. They could get that anyway. Again, perfectly common sense. What is your counter argument for why Ferrari is the only source in cycling for dope? Maybe RR's brain isn't big enough to understand that point.
Please tell us how riders transfuse on their own. If they could do it on their own Ferrari and Fuentes would not be millionaires

This is the classic tactic. Pretend I am lying without actually citing anything, and pretend I am trolling without actually citing anything. Then disrupt every single thread where I am debating the issues as a way of claiming my presense is disrupting the threads. It's quite simple but it does seem to work. He's a nasty piece of work alright.

Your only goal is to disrupt threads and pretend to be persecuted.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Wrong answer - you can't play semantics this time because i didn't say you admitted to trolling. You admitted to being banned for this behaviour. You obviously thought this behaviour was reasonable. But the moderator thought you were a lying troll. If they didn't think you were a lying troll then why did they ban you?

You are lying again. I was never banned for any behavior.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
you highjacked a thread in order to deride Besty for not breaking the law. You presented no comprehesiable moral factor to justify this as your only goal was to stir people up.

To you highjacking a thread is someone on the thread that disagrees with you. That's a very fascist mentality. I'm sure Betsy knew that you don't just pop up on a message board without expecting the odd person who is going to disagree with you. She was only involved in one of the most bitter disputes in cycling! I clearly said the other moral factors were LA's career and the fact the ignorant public wouldn't understand how widespread doping was in the sport, and think this is the reason he is a great champion. There was also the trust and loyalty factor. These are all legitimate points and matters for debate.

BS. Lemond certainly disagreed with it. Another Pro said "There is only one reason you go to Ferrari, dope" and "Using Ferrari is like riding with a frying pan up your backside". Franco Pellizotti and Vincenzo Nibali are linked with him they filed an anti-defamation suit.

...because he has been turned into a big doping bogey man by the media after the case, but anyone who knows anything about the sport knows he is a first class coach. His number crunching and training tactics are legendary. Famously he was contacted by the team car to ask if they should let Pantani go. This is not trolling, it is all out there and a matter for discussion. If you disagree then put your point. You don't have to feel so threatened and demand for people to be banned merely for pointing out the contrary opinion.

If you make an unsupportable claim it is not my job to prove you correct. You continue to make wild claims that are routinely disprove and make no effort to back them up. This is because you are only interesting in stirring up conflict and not discussing anything.

This is just pure nonsense. Why would I lie about him being third fasted down hill on the technical point of the time trial? How would I know that you couldn't check the split times? By pretending this is trolling, when you know it is nothing of the sort, you only prove you are a troll.

Please tell us how riders transfuse on their own. If they could do it on their own Ferrari and Fuentes would not be millionaires

So they're the only two doctors in the sport than transfuse blood now, are they? You haven't thought this through. Blood transfusions were not back in fashion until relatively recently either. They didn't need Ferrari for that.

Your only goal is to disrupt threads and pretend to be persecuted.

This is quite simply a lie. You know it not to be true, but you repeat it. How can I pretend not to be persecuted when all my posts are deleted because a couple of trolls, who aren't intelligent enough to argue the subjects, object to people disagreeing with them being allowed to post?

You still haven't answered why you lied about TTF's position on blood transfusions? Why did you lie?

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You are lying again. I was never banned for any behavior.

That's your view of it. The moderators must have thought you were a lying troll. Tell us why you think you were banned then? Were you pretending to be someone's wife again? Maybe you were one of their kids this time, you little creep.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Thank you for proving my point.

Yep, typical RR refusing to answer a single question. And he calls me the troll?

Maybe I'm just dealing with people that are very dumb here. Maybe RaceRadio genuinely doesn't know the difference between trolling and disagreeing. He really does seem to be that stupid.

If so, can't the moderators give him a basic lesson about it? He's caused so much trouble by stalking me and disrupting the threads. He really thinks that disagreeing is not allowed.

I feel sorry for him really - he's obviously bitter about something and decided I'm the reason for it.

In all honesty I think one thing you can take away from this is you need to accept that some people in life will just have different characters to your own and will approach subjects and situations in a different way. That doesn't mean they are a troll or a liar.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep, typical RR refusing to answer a single question. And he calls me the troll?

Maybe I'm just dealing with people that are very dumb here. Maybe RaceRadio genuinely doesn't know the difference between trolling and disagreeing. He really does seem to be that stupid.

If so, can't the moderators give him a basic lesson about it? He's caused so much trouble by stalking me and disrupting the threads. He really thinks that disagreeing is not allowed.

I feel sorry for him really - he's obviously bitter about something and decided I'm the reason for it.

In all honesty I think one thing you can take away from this is you need to accept that some people in life will just have different characters to your own and will approach subjects and situations in a different way. That doesn't mean they are a troll or a liar.

I answered your questions in detail, your response was your normal nonsensical babble.

Thank you for proving my point.

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Crap I just remembered that I didn't answer one of your points because it didn't come up as a quote.

Originally Posted by British Pro Cycling
Liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArbiter
But if you think about how many riders were using EPO at one point, the ratio of deaths does seem very small indeed........

......the propaganda far outweights the reality of the risks. Indeed it might be called one big hoax.

Firstly, this is not belittling the individual deaths of riders. To spin that it is, is totally wrong. It's just pointing out that EPO deaths are pretty rare compared to the number of riders that were using it. That's a perfectly legitimate point. But the second quote is very cheeky indeed because I wasn't actually refering to EPO at all there - that was about anabolic steroids, and it's absolutely true that the scare tactics that surround them are massively hyped up. We continued this debate under a study and video I posted up and even TTF agreed. Not strictly related to cycling but nevertheless true.

Very naughty of you to switch the quotes around. Imagine what you'd say if I did that? I'd be the biggest liar in the world!

Come on guys we are not in the 'About The Forum' section for you two to get into a slanging match. Is it possible for you two guys to just agree to disagree or even if possible, just start afresh with a clean slate.

This forum is a great place where we can all post our views on topics presented BUT and it is a big but (no pun intended) it should never degenerate into slanging matches, name calling or insults. Please guys just stop baiting each other.

Back to the topic at hand, i have seen British Pro Cycling's posts disappear and whilst i understand it may be one of the mods doing this, it really is unnecessary as i believe BPC has made a conscious effort to clean up his posts and atimes try to stay on topic. It is makes the thread almost unreadable especially if you read the topic a few hours after they have been posted and BPC's thoughts and answers have been removed. This happens because even though his thoughts have been removed other posters have quoted him which then steers the topic in another direction or in some cases a second line of thought and chat ensues. This then turns into one giant mess.

My thoughts are just let him be for now and just keep a close eye on him if you guys (mods) are really worried about him that much. I actually think he is most likely a very nice guy (i don't actually know him outside of this forum) just with a very strong opinion on certain people and subjects and he like just about every human being will defend his point of view no matter what. - This may be one of his problems.

Anyway is the main points i'm trying to get across is: Please leave in his posts as it almost disrupts the conversation more than trolling.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS