• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

discussion!!! greipel.

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
No problem.

Quick question for everyone: Is it just me or is Greipel a sloppy sprinter? I don't mean that negatively as it seems to be effective, but when he really kicks, it looks like there is much more movement in his upper body and bike than others. I've noticed in the past he looks real erratic, and really noticed it on stage 7. Is that he is turning an easier gear with a higher cadence, just bigger than others, or am I seeing things?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Boardslide said:
Like today you mean, the peleton really mugged HTC today with all those attacks one after another from the last climb. Mind you I don't think many people expected Cav to make it into the finale anyway.

Only Omega-Pharma-Lotto tried to screw with HTC and their plan worked, but only half.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Libertine Seguros has been exposed by this thread. The King of the Sprint Haters has been unmasked and shown for the keen and astute student of the post flamme rouge arts he or she really is.

I was just thinking that myself - I have now reimagined Libertine with much burlier thighs and sharp elbows :cool:

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Ragerod said:
Greipel blew it today, he can blame Feillu all he likes

I don't think he's blaming Feillu. He's just saying he's a dangerous menace, just as Cav (and I think Petacchi) have said before.

Maybe it's time to consider that Feillu may be a reckless sprinter (really, just watch him)

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
I don't think he's blaming Feillu. He's just saying he's a dangerous menace, just as Cav (and I think Petacchi) have said before.

Maybe it's time to consider that Feillu may be a reckless sprinter (really, just watch him)

It's not the first time Feillu has been called reckless and it won't be the last and blame is probably the wrong word to describe Greipel's annoyance. I was merely pointing out a good example of Greipel's Achilles heel.

TRENDING THREADS