• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you believe in Miracles?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
For those of us not in the US, can you give a bit more detail, or a link, or something?

Thanks.

Susan

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpps/new...ice-stepping-down-dpgonc-km-20101123_10767477

AnythingButKestrel said:
I think Lance may have just realized that he might get a free pass:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpps/new...ice-stepping-down-dpgonc-km-20101123_10767477

Even though they say his investigation isn't related, you can be sure that Foghorn Leghorn will try...

and related to a recent Lance Armstrong Tweet that said simply "Sloppy" - which inspired Clinic residents to decode the significance... Here:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=11281

appropriate?... because it could be an indication of a shift in the case and a remote but potentially credible chance that he walks on a technicality.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I love a good conspiracy theory, but don't see anything in this one. This from the original Wall Street Journal article:

According to a September letter by Mr. Grassley, the whistleblower alleged that Mr. Vermillion has been running his office from his home near Virginia Beach and inappropriately hired a certain contractor against the advice of other criminal-division officials.

The whistleblower also said Mr. Vermillion "directed that reports prepared by OCI's Office of Internal Affairs be changed to sanitize them of derogatory information about his fellow U.S. Secret Service retirees now working at FDA/OCI," according to the Grassley letter
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...50712742496.html?KEYWORDS=FDA+Criminal+Office

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
TubularBills said:
What if Lance Walks?

The recent FDA resignation may indicate monetary forces and nefarious PR strategies that belittle the power of the tiniest of sports.

Possible?

Doubtful. Vermillion had some serious critics long before the Armstrong investigation began. If anything, he's stepping-down because he used his influence to protect certain people, not because he was going after others.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/1310ap_us_fda_official_resignation.html

especially this part is of interest:

Quote:
In 2008, House and Senate Republicans questioned the priorities of the criminal investigations unit, specifically its focus on drug abuse cases instead of broader misconduct by large companie

While it is personally rewarding for ex-jock Special Agents to go galavanting around the Globe chasing after Rock Stars and Celebrities - there ARE many more important issues that the FDA should be investigating. Many many more. How safe are beef imports. Prescription drug abuse is deadly. Eggs.

Anyway, kudos to the WhislteBlowing Fanboy who identified the waste of resources at the FDA. It is nice to see a Whislteblower SAVING the taxpayer's money instead of a Whislteblower who WASTES taxpayer monies.

Polish said:
Quote:
In 2008, House and Senate Republicans questioned the priorities of the criminal investigations unit, specifically its focus on drug abuse cases instead of broader misconduct by large companie
While it is personally rewarding for ex-jock Special Agents to go galavanting around the Globe chasing after Rock Stars and Celebrities - there ARE many more important issues that the FDA should be investigating. Many many more. How safe are beef imports. Prescription drug abuse is deadly. Eggs.

Anyway, kudos to the WhislteBlowing Fanboy who identified the waste of resources at the FDA. It is nice to see a Whislteblower SAVING the taxpayer's money instead of a Whislteblower who WASTES taxpayer monies.

Setting aside the obvious logic that any investigation on a Whistleblower complaint will cost money, and that this Whistleblower investigation thus did cost taxpayers money...

If I had a dime for every special interest that was protected by Congress where investigation of serious crime was thwarted, through some sort of government policy, I would be a wealthy man.

W. Va. mine blast: Coal firm had worst safety record... the company’s claims that it had a typical fatality rate before the accident had not been fully examined prior to the investigation, in part because the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration does not regularly list in fatality reports the companies that control the mines...

Dave.

Polish said:
blah, blah, blah

I always thought your posts smelled funny.

image.php

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
poor taxpayer ROI

washedup said:
All FDA costs are essentially sunk at this point.... may as well get that return on investment.

As much as I would love to see the Original Three Man Quartet of Hatefullness* take the stand under oath and be grilled by Lance's Dream Team of Super Lawyers, a Federal Trial would be throwing good money after bad and only prove what we fanboys already know.

TRENDING THREADS