• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you believe the excuse that Wiggins is Sick?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you believe Wiggins is Sick?

• Wiggo is just scared that vino will return.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
All aside, my personal theory is that removing his sideburns was the real big mistake.
It clearly brought up a bad connection between him and the mod world, which ultimately led to

- no motivation (caught behind in the first stages)
- depression (caught behind again!)
- fear (zero descending skills)
- hysteria (no talking to anyone)
- rage (bike throw)
- more depression (lack of power)
- immunodeficiency (flu, chest infection and whatever)

If he wants to win the Tour 2013 he'd better grow those sideburns again!

Maybe doing a training camp in the Alps or Dolomites on his Vespa would improve his descending skills. :)

wiggo-scooter.jpg

Pippo_San said:
All aside, my personal theory is that removing his sideburns was the real big mistake.

Aha, now i know the real reason behind the mysterious "girly" performances in the rainy downhills. Prior to removal, Wiggins was a finely balanced machine of Sky. The removal caused the unbalance of this finely tuned machine leading to understeer and oversteer during cornering at high speeds in rainy conditions. In straight lines this machine had a wobbling effect. Everyone knows that the highest speeds occur during the downhill sections. Due to this his speeds were restricted leading to his competition having gained on him marginally in time. The solution to this mysterious problem was simple. Addition of some minor weight on the machine with high speed balance testing would have the machine back into balance in no time. However the Sky team missed this having concentrated more on weight reduction rather than balancing by probably asking Wiggins to shave off his sideburns. So it is all the management's fault:p.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
wiggins so far in reserve to start his TDF prep at Dauphine. We'll see how contador deals with 3 prong attack :D

The precise date of Sir Bradley Wiggins's return to racing will depend on his recovery from the chest infection that forced him out of the Giro d'Italia on Friday, but Wiggins has been put down as a reserve in Team Sky's squad for the Critérium du Dauphiné stage race from 2-9 June, which means a comeback there is possible, with the Tour of Switzerland from 8 June another option.

Also apparently, wiggin began to fail ill on stage 9. So the girly descent and the poor TT are not sick related?
Interesting reading, brailsford explained about wiggins TT. He blamed it on pot hole ;-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/may/18/bradley-wiggins-cold-chest-infection-giro

wooley7 said:
... Every now and again I think lets have a look what the morons are saying today and am never disappointed by these moronic comments. ...This site seems to be for childish pr*cks who make comments on riders based on if they like them or not, nothing seems to be based on objective observation, some of the comments are just unbelievable. ... I will add that there are some good posters on here but they seem to get drowned out by the idiots.

You poor dear.

Ryongsyong said:
... This forum is jammed full of trolls and imbeciles and it's best to avoid engaging with anyone if you're expecting a serious discussion ... I'd never dream of even bothering to try talking to most of the nutcases on here ... In the end it doesn't matter but the mods should be a little disappointed at how bad they've let this forum become. Luckily there are much better ones out there than this mental hospital.

Oh my.

OK, I'll bite.

Look folks, HTFU. There are forums out there that are "nicer" ... go find one if you are so frustrated by sharp commentary on your delicate ears. BTW - there are harsher forums as well, so quit your whining.

OMG, folks who get all riled up and post that they don't like a forum. Really? Seriously? Then why oh why post? In fact, why read the pages you don't like?

Methinks that some fanboys have had their poor feelings hurt.

Jelantik said:
wiggins so far in reserve to start his TDF prep at Dauphine. We'll see how contador deals with 3 prong attack :D

The precise date of Sir Bradley Wiggins's return to racing will depend on his recovery from the chest infection that forced him out of the Giro d'Italia on Friday, but Wiggins has been put down as a reserve in Team Sky's squad for the Critérium du Dauphiné stage race from 2-9 June, which means a comeback there is possible, with the Tour of Switzerland from 8 June another option.

Also apparently, wiggin began to fail ill on stage 9. So the girly descent and the poor TT are not sick related?
Interesting reading, brailsford explained about wiggins TT. He blamed it on pot hole ;-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/may/18/bradley-wiggins-cold-chest-infection-giro

We've had guys in the past who've had chest infections which looked relatively innocent, you think: 'All right, carry on,' and they've developed pneumonia."

Which guys were these? :rolleyes:

Mr. McQ said:
Why must you people make fun of the sick

You have no class At all

Being ill is no laughing matter, especially for the elite athlete

A team using a phony sickness to excuse a rider's weakness of mind shoud be a laughing matter.

I lost track of how many excuses Sky has used for Wiggins. The latest: Potholes. Potholes!

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
BroDeal said:
A team using a phony sickness to excuse a rider's weakness of mind shoud be a laughing matter.

I lost track of how many excuses Sky has used for Wiggins. The latest: Potholes. Potholes!

It is not a phony illness

You are terrible for thinking such a thing

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

A case of the Schleckles is a terrible thing to waste.
:D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

No, no! You misread it! It was pot, just pot.

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I think Wiggins is ill, but he had already lost before he got ill. I think Sky got his training wrong.

One possibility is his SRM data was overstating his power numbers in training due to his use of osymetric rings.

TRENDING THREADS