• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does Andy Schleck lack the mental ability to ever win the TDF?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
they are lieing hypocrites. when fank crashed cancellara put down the hammer and all was good. when mollema flatted in suisse leopard started riding like crazy and last year when andy crashed again in the rain and he was down 5 minutes cancellara neutralized the race. leopard got what was coming to them and I'm enjoying every minute

Ryo Hazuki said:
andy schleck has shown totday he will never win a tour de france. he should retire, becomes he's making himself look like the biggest tool in history, no one can take him serious anymore except some blind chauvinist luxemburg fans

Obviously these are qualities with which you share an intimate and personal knowledge.

ImmaculateKadence said:
The fact that most of them left indicates there were some problems. They hardly stabbed him in the back. He was courting Contador long before he knew Leopard was forming.
do you blame him?

Riis knew better than anybody what he had, or should i say what he didn't have, in Andy Schleck.

this_is_edie said:
"Is this really what people want to see?" Schleck asked soon after the stage won by Thor Hushovd. "I think the parcours was really badly chosen today. We don't want to see riders crashing or riders taking risks. Everybody has family at home, and finishes like this should not be allowed."

From itv
holler if anybody finds a link that isn't geo-restricted.

ta!

BYOP88 said:
Andy will win a TdF, if all other riders have to wait for 30 minutes at the start of every climb.

Andy can win the Tour if these factors happens:

*No ITTs (and prologues). In 2011, check.
*If everybody waits at him after a "misfortune".
*If he is somewhat after (sadly Canc couldn´t neutralize today)
*No Category 2 climbs
*No descents to the finish
*Good weather all the time (no rain)
*No Contador.
*When the mountain is longer...
*...And steeper.
*A Team-time trial which is around 60 kilometers

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
The fact that most of them left indicates there were some problems. They hardly stabbed him in the back. He was courting Contador long before he knew Leopard was forming.

Not quite. Going in to last years tour he didn't even have a sponsor for this year. Can't blame the riders for seeking other teams. The way Andy and others acted in the Vuelta was disgusting though.

No_Balls said:

*No Category 2 climbs
*...And steeper.

...and no Contador.

luckyboy said:
He said to ITV4 - "It doesn't mean anything, I am still in good shape..The parcours is really badly chosen, a finish like this shouldn't be allowed."

Okay, thanks! That pretty much says it all. And to think I was feeling a bit of guilt earlier when I was getting some drama my way about my constantly voicing why I find him annoying, thinking I was being a bit hard on him.

this_is_edie said:
"Is this really what people want to see?" Schleck asked soon after the stage won by Thor Hushovd. "I think the parcours was really badly chosen today. We don't want to see riders crashing or riders taking risks. Everybody has family at home, and finishes like this should not be allowed."

From itv

10 chars.

And it just keeps getting better!:p

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:

No he wasnt. The documentary about who knew what when clearly shows that.

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Swabian Lass said:
OK, so let's get rid of mountain top finishes and while we're about it, those sprint finishes are a bit dangerous, they'd better go as well. And those TT just aren't fair!

Poor Andy.

Maybe Andy should choose the track. But wait, that courses are way to round for him.:cool:
Unfair.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with AS. The guy needs the perfect course, team, weather, training schedule, and competitor misfortunes to have a shot in winning the tour. When these doesn't play into his favor he b!tches. I honestly liked him as a rider in 08 and 09 because he rode his bike, kept his mouth shut, and performed well. Wish the media would remove him as a tour favorite so he would lose his sense of entitlement and start to ride like he did three years ago.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
I'm restraining myself from my usual anti-Andy post but he's really offering up endless material for me to use. I'll hold my tongue and see what the real fans of Andy have to say, since I've noticed even among them a somewhat changing tide of opinion.

Nah, he deserves what he's getting today. The Andy-bashers have every right to say what they're saying today.

That said...
Still rooting for him, but he makes it quite hard on himself and us.
He needs a talking too, he's put his Team Managers and his own brother in Damage Control mode right now.

Hopefully he'll learn and be better prepared for future Tours.
I still think he has a shot in this year's Tour, but I doubt it.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
No_Balls said:

*No Category 2 climbs
*Good weather all the time (no rain)
*No Contador.
*...And steeper.

Andy should hand in his balls (if he hasn't done so already) and try the TdF Feminin. Although, come to think of it, Nicole Cooke and Emmy Pooley will still ride with more panache.

jobiwan said:
Nah, he deserves what he's getting today. The Andy-bashers have every right to say what they're saying today.

That said...
Still rooting for him, but he makes it quite hard on himself and us.
He needs a talking too, he's put his Team Managers and his own brother in Damage Control mode right now.

Hopefully he'll learn and be better prepared for future Tours.
I still think he has a shot in this year's Tour, but I doubt it.

To be honest, i´ll think of you as a good guy. Andy don´t deserve fans like you.

If he kept his mouth shut and just did the damn race properly he would regain his reputation from 2008/2009 which saw a exciting rider, able to stay with the best, and a future GT-rider. As the current situation is he is ALL talk and none deliverance. It looks like he is to preoccupied with whining, rather then racing, after every stage who doesn´t go his way.

He looks like the spoiled-brat in school who thinks to highly of himself but never proved it. We neved liked those guys :mad: