• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping and gambling

I have a question, perhaps it has been discussed here but I couldn't find anything, so here goes.

What happens if a person get caught doping and loses his/her results and you have gambled on the second places person? For exampel. If I put a tenner on Froome winning the Vuelta and he does, later to be caught doping, will I get paid then?

This also open up for a discussion about how much influence the large betting sites has on the doping testing and anti doping programmes in general.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dr.ugs said:
I have a question, perhaps it has been discussed here but I couldn't find anything, so here goes.

What happens if a person get caught doping and loses his/her results and you have gambled on the second places person? For exampel. If I put a tenner on Froome winning the Vuelta and he does, later to be caught doping, will I get paid then?

This also open up for a discussion about how much influence the large betting sites has on the doping testing and anti doping programmes in general.
most sites pay out in 24 hours.

I reckon you withdraw the money if you are on the winning side before any Landis metabolites can come back to bite you on the bum

Dr.ugs said:

none. for a bookmaker it does not really matters who wins. And they pay out based on the podium result, post race disqualification have no influence at all