• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in Cycling today -How are they doing it ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
If I remember correctly the average person stores around 6 pounds of waste in their GIT at any given point in time and it can take up to 7 days for food to travel through it.

So I guess if that weight can be lost, there would be a decent improvement in performance.

The potential for having diarrhea in a race seems bad though, using stuff between stages could lead to dehydration.

I don't buy 6 lbs of 5hit in the GIT for 1 nanosecond. Fit healthy athletes have transit times of less than 8 hours sometimes, in addition the lung size and capacity reduces the space available between the diaphragm and whole GIT.

taiwan said:
If WADA is credible IMO, publicising TUEs would be helpful.

This.
I want to know which riders are on asthma meds
I also want to know about whereabouts violations. Regular whereabouts violations just below the level that trigger sanctions would be a red flag, especially when plotted against results, "training camps" and actual biopassport test points.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
I don't buy 6 lbs of 5hit in the GIT for 1 nanosecond. Fit healthy athletes have transit times of less than 8 hours sometimes, in addition the lung size and capacity reduces the space available between the diaphragm and whole GIT.

It's not 6lb of 5hit that your going to leave in the toilet, it's mostly water absorbed as food passes through the GIT. I could eat 1Kg of pasta right now and that would probably result in about 80 grams of stool and 0.5kg of water as a rough estimate but I seriously doubt that pasta would be digested in 8 hours.

I said 7 days as the most extreme example from difficult to digest food sources.

In this study they say an average is 30 to 40 hours:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3325313/

They cite other studies who find markers still present in the GIT after 7 days in some rare cases.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts