• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping made easy

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
nevada said:
Wow - no wonder there are so many dopers in the US.

http://www.cenegenics.com

This must be a huge temptation for those that way inclined.

One of the favorite longevity doctors of the SoCal masters scene. Just a short trip to Vegas for an evaluation then the rest comes in the mail. Comes highly recommend by a certain core strength coach who has a Tour de France champion as a client.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they are just using HGH. Yeah, it's the fountain of youth and works great, if you can afford it. I hear it's insanely expensive.

palmerq said:
Is this website a joke? the photo of the 70 year old look amazingly fake.. it's quite funny though real or not.

The photos of the old guy are actually quite a few years old. They first appeared in an article on anti-aging clinics in GQ magazine.

When I first saw the photos, I thought "they had to be photoshopped". Then I thought, why would the leading men's fashion magazine allow such obviously doctored photos in one of their articles?

To this day I still don't know. But like I've said a million times, this is the sales pitch going out to aging yuppies-"look younger, feel stronger".

Guidokcd said:
I'm pretty sure they are just using HGH. Yeah, it's the fountain of youth and works great, if you can afford it. I hear it's insanely expensive.

"I've heard". Well, you've "heard" wrong. HgH can and will be expensive if you purchase it from anti-aging clinics in the US, because the market caters to yuppies with disposable income, and you know how people like that are-they think the more expensive the product, the higher the quality.

HgH is relatively inexpensive depending on where and who you get it from. You just have to be in the loop.

palmerq said:
is this website a joke? the photo of the 70 year old look amazingly fake.. it's quite funny though real or not :S
This might be a major breakthrough in doping. Instead of taking overpriced PEDs and risk testing positive, you can achieve the same results by photoshopping yourself into the podium pictures.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
My guess is they're giving old men both HGH and testosterone. The ad photos have likely been touched up a fair bit, but that definitely doesn't change the fact that this regimen will seriously work for aging men. So, yeah, if you're an aging masters dude looking to stay close to your former glory, a doctor-prescribed regimen of HGH and testosterone will probably do wonders for your riding--and your sex life. Also, as long as these guys aren't showing up at sanctioned races to take away prizes, I don't really care. It's up to them to figure out whether the cost and possible complications (including still undefined cancer risks) justify the immediate and substantial lifestyle improvements. A good place to start would be by asking Sylvester Stallone how he's doing--he's apparently really into this stuff. Yeah, these guys are dopers, but WADA doesn't have jurisdiction over life--just certain sporting federations.

ergmonkey said:
My guess is they're giving old men both HGH and testosterone.

Your "guess" is absolutely correct.

The way the do it is they take blood tests and review the results. They take your hormone levels and compare them to someone much younger, and then prescribe enough dosages to get you up to "optimal" levels.

This is clearly seen in the documentary "Bigger Faster Stronger".

I have a co-worker who visited an anti-aging clinic in South Jersey and was prescribed HgH that cost her $200 monthly.

Mind you, during the whole process she was never seen by a doctor with a medical license. They guy who ran this clinic was some sort of holistic practitioner who then sent her to some quack who wrote the prescription for her to have filled.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Guidokcd said:

I've read some reports on this--Outside Magazine, I think. The reporter went on a regimen of testosterone, hgh and a few other things. I does work to a fairly good degree. There is also a med being marketed on TV for treating "Low T" in us older men. You too can be a virile pup with the right doctor. ;)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I know a few guys who have used this guy. He basically gives you some tests to measure your "Levels" then prescribes HGH and Test to bring them up to "Normal". I first heard about him 6-7 years ago and at the time it cost about $1k per month. The Chinese have got in the market in a big way and the price has come down a lot since then.

I have heard that it works great. For some guys, especially those that carry weight around the middle, it can be transformational. I think you can get a TUE for Testosterone if you have levels that are lower then normal....the case with pretty much all guys over 40.

I have alway felt that this type of supplementation is risky. There is a reason your body slows production of these hormones, they are cellular multipliers that can cause cancer growth to speed up and spread....I am also too cheap to pay the $1k per month.