• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral, Dr. Michele Ferrari and Jose “Pepe” Martí life bans

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yeah it could happen... I hope it doesn't but it is possible.

Don't get nervous. No matter how it is going to end you have the argument "he can't be guilty. They made up the case against him once again" :)

BotanyBay said:
So in Ferarri's case, Italian riders have been punished for consulting with him. What about American riders? Is that within the rules?

Lance was seeing him as recently as 2009 (probably even more recent than that).

Probably not retrospectively, at least based solely on their contact with him, although contact with the banned individuals would probably be helpful in cases against other persons.

How I would guess it would work is that riders and team staff could be sanctioned for any contact with him going forward from today, but not for past contact, though that past contact could be evidence of past misconduct.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
IMO the big concern for AC would be if Marti or Bruyneel start talking to protect their own skin, a deal of some kind for eg. Or if Armstrong decides that if he's going down he's going to take others down with him, ie he may just pull a Landis of his own, either out of spite or to try to show that everyone was doping and not just him, and AC I would assume would be a prime target. Now I don't think it'll actually come to all that, but in a worst-case scenario I could potentially see this getting very messy for a whole lot of people, including AC.

To be sure, it's already quite messy for AC. He's been convicted for doping and has lost his TdF title because of it. In the non-Spanish press his name is not rarely accompanied by the noun "doping sinner".

LaFlorecita said:
The first.

Really? I heard that Alberto hasn't worked with him since he joined Saxo.
Gotcha. See, you're going in the right direction. :D

As for gooner's quote, yeah, I think he stopped working with Martí in 2009 or 2010. Officially, at any rate. And regardless, my impression is that he worked with Contador, not with Astana.

hrotha said:
Gotcha. See, you're going in the right direction. :D

As for gooner's quote, yeah, I think he stopped working with Martí in 2009 or 2010. Officially, at any rate. And regardless, my impression is that he worked with Contador, not with Astana.

I do have a brain and I do use it. Of course it is possible that Alberto dopes. However, I won't brand him as a doper until it is absolutely certain. I choose to believe him because I want to believe him because I want him to be innocent.

That and not giving a ****.

Zam_Olyas said:
She is really coming along well. :D

Pff... :p

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Apparently Marti was AC's "personal trainer" when at Astana.
Alberto Contador is now in his third season with Astana. A bright, talented, ambitious rider! Everyone always wants to know more about him, to see all facets of his image. For example, what kind of man is Alberto? Who is in his entourage? How does he behave when he’s not racing?

This is interesting to many people, so we asked our friend, Astana soigneur Yuriy Kulishkin, to share his impression of Alberto with us, because he has had the oppoturnity to keep close track of Alberto for two seasons.

Yura, Contador is probably surrounded by a whole retinue of people, so tell me: who are they?

Personal manager – his brother Fran Contador, personal trainer Pepe Martí, spokesman Pascal Schyns, spokesman Jacinto Vidarte, and his personal staff: mechanic Faustino Munoz and masseur Valentin Doronzoro.

And Pepe always travels with him?

Yes, to all training expeditions and competitions. But he also works with other young riders now, he writes the programs and tests.
http://astanafans.com/alberto-contador-a-soigneurs-eye-view.html
As far as I can tell, Marti was supposed to move to Saxo with Contador, according to Contador's spokesman, but was dropped after Landis' allegations came out:
Landis said he was sold human growth hormone by the team trainer in 2003, according to the April e-mail to USA Cycling Chief Executive Steve Johnson. Marti worked with Tour de France champion Alberto Contador on the Astana team this year and is likely to switch with him to the Saxo Bank team next year, Contador’s spokesman Jacinto Vidarte said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Apparently Marti was AC's "personal trainer" when at Astana.
As far as I can tell, Marti was supposed to move to Saxo with Contador, according to Contador's spokesman, but was dropped after Landis' allegations came out:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

Yes, he worked stayed with AC at Astana
wximg_8573_600.jpg

Marti is a dope dealer, plan and simple. He was never a coach. His nickname at USPS was "The Courier"

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I really doubt Ferrari gave any evidence to USADA. He is facing some very serious charges in Italy that could put him away for the rest of his life. USADA is the least of his worries.

TRENDING THREADS